Author Topic: have i made a mistake? (vaser lipo)  (Read 8871 times)

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
my surgery is booked for the 14th. only now have i have a good look through this forum (pretty dumb, i know) and everyone is rubbishing lypo only procedures. well here's an extract from the letter my surgeon sent to my gp and it looks like he's not going to do the glandular excicion all you guys say is vital...

"i think i can improve upon this area of unwanted tissue by performing VASER liposuction to the area. i have said to him that at the end of he procedure i will have a look at him and see if he requires direct excisional surgery of any remaining disc of breast tissue in the retro-areola region but i have said that it is often something that i do not need to do in the vast majority of people i treat for gyneocomastia."

what do you think guys, sound legit?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:13:31 AM by nickdiaz209 »

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I made my surgeon write in the agreement that he would be removing the tissue. He told me it was there when I went in for consultation so we knew it had to be removed.

It doesn't sound legit to me. The majority of gyne patients need the tissue removed by incision, not the other way around.

I used vaser too but vaser will not remove gland. You must use incision if you have gland. Vaser and incision work well TOGETHER.
Be careful man???

Good luck.

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
No matter how much lypo is done the gynacomastia will still remain.the lypo won't touch the hard breast tissue .maybe get most of the fat out of the chest yeah .  :-\you really wanna get the excision with lypo .it saves having too have another future op when the results are not what you wanted . I have read so many post of people unhappy with lypo only ops. Guaranteed to be left with puffy nips unless the tissue is carefully taken out from behind the nipple . Good luck either way mate .

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
thanks for answering guys.

i really should have done the research before now, it's now too late to cancel.

i think i'm going to have to have a delicate conversation with my surgeon.

it's interesting though that, from the letter, he doesn't seem to be leaving excision completely off the table, however he seems to think that the vast majority don't need excision where as the concensus on here amongst patients and professionals seems to be that the vast majority do need excision.

3 reasons i can think of as to why he thinks this...

1) he's not comfortable/expeienced with the excision part of the procedure (although it looks relatively straight forward)

2) he's reluctant to do it because of the added time/expense/effort involved.

3) he genuinely does not know that excision + lipo gets superior outcomes (he doesn't keep "abreast" of the lastest inovations in gynecomastia treatment :D)

i'm based in scotland, the surgeon's name is taimur shoaib- he was recommended to me through my gp, i found one guy on this site who used him and the review was positive.

i don't mind a little puffy nipple, any improvement would be good at this point, but i can feel a pretty large mass on my left breast not attached to the nipple and the way i see it if this is not removed then the whole procedure is pointless.

i just don't want to piss the guy off or insult his intelligence/expertise right before surgery, but i also want him to do the best job possible (ie do the excision) and know that i will not be bs'd- like i said it's going to be a delicate conversation.

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
post your pics buddy....
if u do not have puffy nipple than the doctor might be right...your condition may be pseudo gyno....but if u do have puffy nipples and a cup shaped chest and the doc still says no need for excision than he's probably blind

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
sorry about the quality ill put up better ones when i get home from work...

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
there...
u see something...in the first pic...something is trying to push its way out...somethings trying to make space..
that's not how fat is...fat does not push around it does not make space it just hangs..
you see, your chest is not hanging bro....look at sumo wrestler's chest if you wanna know what i mean by hanging..
your chest is making a shape and its solid, not hanging..

that,my friend, is 90% gland and 10% fat....lipo will do little, very little...
i am no doc but anyone on this forum can tell you that m right...our condition is almost the same...and i definitely require excision...so do you...here they are

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Mildgyn hit the nail right on the head . It has the as I call .mountain shape.  most definatly breast tissue creating that pointy look . I know because I am in the same boat . Mine slightly smaller but look the same. Booked for the 12th  :). Full excision and lypo. If I as you I would just mention it to him. What harm can it do . Good luck

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
thanks for the info guys, i wish i found this forum sooner.

i'm seriously considering cancelling the op. i've spoke to the finance company and the hospital and they said i can cancel but i would need to pay for the pre op (250 to 300 bucks).

i've arranged to speak to my surgeon tomorrow morning, but i don't expect him to say anything to alleviate my concerns other than "sorry, nickdiaz209- you and the internet are right. i guarantee to do the excision."

i think he's gonna say that he'll decide at the time whether it's appropriate to do it, then i'll wake up and he'll tell me the op was a success and he didn't need to remove the gland, and then six months later i'll look and the mirror and feel like i've wasted the money.

i want him the guarantee to do the incision, but i'm nowhere near as clued up enough on this subject to debate with a surgeon about surgery.

does anyone know of a good paper or blog or something i can refer him to that talks about the need for excision... so i can at least hear his response to a professional opinion that's opposed to his?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:51:36 AM by nickdiaz209 »

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
how about you approach the docs on this site...
Dr. jacobs and Dr. Silverman are quite renowned on the site..

perhaps they can help you with your latest query

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Man, your in a tight spot. At least your deposit was only around 300.
If I would've woke up with gland I prob would've dug a hole in the desert and lived in it.

You're making the right choice if he doesn't agree to remove it before you go under. My main concern would be how good is he at this procedure if he's been doing it on people and leaving the gland on the majority?

When it's all said and done you want your chest to look natural. When you start working out you don't want any probs sticking out. Just have it done right the first time and move on happy with your life. If it doesn't go right you'll have an uphill fight still ahead of you.

Im not trying to be negative, I just don't want the excitement of not having gyne to overshadow the reality of what you could still be left with if your docs not the man.

As far as giving him a paper on removing gland, remember he's a human.haha. Hell prob take it wrong coming from a patient.

This is the time when you need a good doc to tell you "Nick, we'll definitely be removing the gland. Not enough to cause a crater but about 90% of it. And lipo will be performed along side." Wouldn't that be nice?

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
thanks jay- i made a thread in the "ask a doctor section"

i'm probably gonna cancel. i can't see him signing an agreement to definitely do excision like your surgeon did, he's probably going to tell me that it wouldn't be right to make that decision before opening me up- and that's just not good enough after everything i've learned on this board.

tbh the alarm bells were ringing during the initial consultation.

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
didn't speak to the surgeon, spoke to the secretary and she spoke to the surgeon about my concerns and now they're gonna send me a price for excision... doesn't exactly inspire confidence i know but depending on the price i'll do it.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
You should compare that new price with the surgeons on this site. You might be able to afford to have it done by a expert.

You only live once. If it's an option you might want to give it a thought. Don't regret anything you do.

Good luck.

Offline sk1234

• Posting Member
didn't speak to the surgeon, spoke to the secretary and she spoke to the surgeon about my concerns and now they're gonna send me a price for excision... doesn't exactly inspire confidence i know but depending on the price i'll do it.

Honestly I would not trust that surgeon if he doesn't even realize you need gland excision to lose your breast tissue. If you want to see the effects of a surgeon who is not experienced with this go to the revision sections. You will see people who have had their chest torn up by rushing into surgery or not contacting someone who realizes what really needs to be done. Honestly, you are paying thousands for this surgery you do not want to be in debt or regret what you got done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024