Author Topic: have i made a mistake? (vaser lipo)  (Read 8890 times)

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
i know what your saying guys but it's now or never. my surgeon does have one positive review on this board so that's one hing i guess

just a quick question about the garment- the garments im looking at come in staneard sizes and have a zip up the middle so i think it's adjustable. i'm normally a large but i was thinking of getting medium for extra tightness- does that make sense?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
What brand vest are you using?

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
this one from macom in the male section...

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Just measure your chest and use the sizing chart. Those things can be real uncomfortable. By the correct size for your chest measurement and wear a under armour shirt underneath. The two together will give you what you want.

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
okay 3 days post op, what do you guys think? again, sorry about the quality...

i know it's early, but i'm concerned about the right one, it seems to be saging a little.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Can you put up a before pic?

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
the only before pics i got are the ones posted earlier in this thread.

it looks a lot better but there's still a little sagging going on.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Is it sagging or pushing out? You're to young and skinny to have sagging skin. It's probably swollen. Just keep your compression on it and wait it out. I'm eleven weeks out and my chest is still a little swollen on the left side and has been since like two / three weeks after surgery. If you can softly push on your chest, check and see if you can feel tissue still there. After the scar tissue starts to form you won't be able to tell the difference.

Remember, you're going to be swollen for a few months probably. Try not to let your mind play tricks on you. Let us know if you can feel tissue. Be real easy. If you don't want to try, don't sweat it. You really should be resting and trying not to worry this early.

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
damn this is torture, i just want to know what it's gonna look like!

i don't really know what im looking for down there, it feels numb, loose and swollen... but when i shake my body gently it jiggles around like gyno does, albeit a smaller surface area. its wrapped up tight at the moment.

ill see what the docs on this board say but i'm not getting my hopes up. if it ends up looking like it does now, i could live with it. i still need to get in shape.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Haha. You'll be fine one way or the other. All of us feel the same way after surgery. This is the mind game part. Just keep it wrapped and try "I barely have any myself" to be patient.

I guarantee you the docs will say "it's way too early to know anything. Wait three to six months and talk with your surgeon if things don't improve". That's what they tell everyone cause no matter how impatient we are there really is nothing we can do about it until then anyway.

Keep your chin up, it could come out looking like everything you wanted when it's all said and done. Keep us posted.

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
heh i was hoping the docs on here would be like "oh my god this is the greatest work i have ever seen!" or something along those lines but yeah they're gonna say wait 6mths :D

thanks again dude

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I  must say for three days it looks quite good.  Just remember to wear your compression garment as long as you can put up with it -- the longer, the better (but a six weeks, you will have had max effect).

Congratulations on a nice result.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
There ya go. The guru has spoken:)

Offline nickdiaz209

• Posting Member
thanks dr jacob :D

after 72 hours i had a gentle shower, took pictures, re did the wrap and some bandages then straight into a spare compression garment. if you say six weeks then so be it.

i just hope it's swollen and not gyno

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024