Author Topic: Saw a doctor and he said it's not gynecomastia - I beg to differ - Opinions?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline ChainedFreedom

Sure I could lose a few pounds and I am doing alot of weight training now too.
but i have had this for years since I was a young teen.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:54:35 PM by ChainedFreedom »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are overweight and part of that problem is that fat frequently increases in the male breast.  Also, when you are overweight, some of your fat cells produce estrogen, which in turn stimulates breast tissue to grow in your breasts.  Therefore, by definition, you do have gynecomastia.

If you were to lose weight (recommended), your breasts would decrease somewhat in size -- but they would never disappear because established breast tissue doesn't respond to weight fluctuation.  You would then be a candidate for surgery -- if you so chose.

Could surgery be done at your present weight?  Sure, but the results simply wouldn't be quite so good.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:09:24 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Several years ago I heard of a Doctor who said that some degree of breast enlargement is so common that it could only be considered Gynecomastia if there was some associated pathology.   Obviously that sort of attitude still exists,  but we respectfully disagree.  There are actually several different standards for a diagnosis of Gynecomastia.
For our purposes, the term means: "excessive tissue growth in the breast area of a male."  We do not generally distinguish between what some people call Pseudo or True Gynecomastia.  To us, it is all the same.   
Grandpa Dan

Offline ChainedFreedom

I have been on a strict workout regime of 5 days a week doing heavy weights and eating even more healthier (I am vegan vegetarian for almost 5 years now).
All I can do is put in the work and hopefully be lean enough to do the surgery.

Offline jrflatnow

• Posting Member

Offline TigerPaws

I have been on a strict workout regime of 5 days a week doing heavy weights and eating even more healthier (I am vegan vegetarian for almost 5 years now).
All I can do is put in the work and hopefully be lean enough to do the surgery.

Sorry exercise and diet will not do anything but make you fit and lean. Your choices are simple. Surgery or learning to live with what and who you are.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024