Author Topic: For what they are worth  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
As I have said elsewhere I am not huge.

aboywithgirls

Very nice. I assume that because you are posting here that you've accepted them as yours. Are you currently wearing a bra?  You look to be about a 36C or D. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. I've been wearing a bra full time for almost 30 years. 

hammer

I agree with ABWG, you could benefit with some support! Ya, you may not be as big as a couple of us, but you are bigger then others!

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
I agree with ABWG, you could benefit with some support! Ya, you may not be as big as a couple of us, but you are bigger then others!

One reason for visiting/joining this site was to reassure myself I wasn't jumping at shadows.  Knowing something rationally is one thing, seeing it physically is another.  I have decided it is due time to wear a bra.  I would appear to be 46B from the measurement tables I have seen and they do indeed seem to provide a comfortable "fit".  It is just a case of finding which style is best suited.  

I see it as (in my own case at any rate) simply a function of advancing age.  But I am equally well aware that the world in general is more judgemental than we as individuals might like,  I have found throughout life that going with the flow gets one further than kicking against the traces.  Others may find differently and if so good luck to them.

Online Johndoe1

One reason for visiting/joining this site was to reassure myself I wasn't jumping at shadows.  Knowing something rationally is one thing, seeing it physically is another.  I have decided it is due time to wear a bra.  I would appear to be 46B from the measurement tables I have seen and they do indeed seem to provide a comfortable "fit".  It is just a case of finding which style is best suited.  

I see it as (in my own case at any rate) simply a function of advancing age.  But I am equally well aware that the world in general is more judgemental than we as individuals might like,  I have found throughout life that going with the flow gets one further than kicking against the traces.  Others may find differently and if so good luck to them.

Seanodonovan, your breast shape and position is similar to mine. With wideset breasts, consider plunge style bras and wide gores since your breasts are not close together at the breast bone. They will be more comfortable than bras with close setting gores that will want to force the tissue toward the center to create cleavage unless you want to create cleavage. Make sure the band is firm, meaning it will be tighter than you might think, but not so tight it cuts off air or blood flow, but when you raise your arms the band should not move. I find that the firmer the band, the more comfortable the bra, which sounds wrong, but remember that the band gives 90% of support, not the straps. You want that bra to mold around your body, not hang off you body. The better molding, the more comfort as well as support. Also make sure the cups are the correct size meaning no quad boob or gaping space within the cup. The tissue should fill the cup nicely. I did a measurement and it said I wore one size, but when I tried on bras, I found that my band size was 4 inches smaller and the cups were 3 letters larger for proper fit. The measurement is a starting point, not an absolute. Be prepared to go down or up depending on your body. If you look at fitting videos, they usually say the biggest issue with women wearing the incorrect size bra is their actual size is smaller band and larger cups. I have seen many women say they would be wear something like a 36C and be totally miserable but when they were in their correct size, it was more like a 30G or H or 32F or G and they were very comfortable and well supported. And the numbers and letters are just not what size you are, they are for referencing cup size verses band size. A 34D is not the same cup volume as a 38D and that is how the sister sizes work. It is all about cup volume. Good luck.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
.............. And the numbers and letters are just not what size you are, they are for referencing cup size verses band size. A 34D is not the same cup volume as a 38D and that is how the sister sizes work. It is all about cup volume. Good luck.

Thank you for that JohnDoe , I will bear it in mind.

aboywithgirls

I know that this all can be a little overwhelming at first but don't worry, itll come in time. I just wanted to add that the right size bra is only about half of the battle. You also have to consider shape and style. 
For myself, I'm an underwire guy. I like the support that I get from them. My overall breast shape is "narrow set, wide roots and full on bottom " This shape is more typical of female breasts than man boobs.
I good fitter will be able to help you with this. You can also go over to "abrathatfits on reddit for help.

Online Johndoe1

Seanodonovan
Here are three YouTube fitter videos that might help.
This is is how to properly fit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpoWVW3ff7A
This one is about band and cup size explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gedHJvLmHGY
And here is a third on common problems that affect fit and comfort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085dDq1jTn4

Like ABWG, I too prefer underwire. It supports me better, I like the shape it creates and once I got into the proper size and style, underwire is what I wear. Remember with underwire, the wire will normally sit back under you pits encompassing all the breast tissue, hence the "body molding" comment before. The molding also helps hide the bra as well. The wire goes back a lot farther than you would think. If it sits forward, the wire will cut into the soft breast tissue and it will HURT. I really think that is why women complain about underwires so much. They aren't wearing the right size and style and the wire isn't sitting correctly. That doesn't mean I don't wear soft cup bras (bras with no underwire) but with the underwire, I can contour and shape the tissue depending on the style in such a way to either play up or play down the girls. It is actually pretty neat. Women do it all the time depending on the clothing they are wearing. With guys, it can help in the concealment.

Offline Busty

Sean, you should go for a fitting and try on bras.

I think your breasts are as big or bigger than many women’s and have a feminine appearance.

You definitely should wear a bra, and will look and feel best in one.

Offline SideSet

Female breasts, with feminine nipples, and quite large.  You would certainly look and feel your best in a bra.

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Thank you all for your various tips and other comments.  At my age, 69, I am simply looking for comfort as it has only been in the last few years that my breasts have grown noticeably (there was something there before but very minor) and therefore support becomes an issue.  Thus far a style calling itself "City bra"......a pull-over type...and Marlon soft-cup seem to be suitable.  Both in 46B and both reasonably priced.

At the prices I have seen for so-called "fitted" bras I can get eight or ten cheap ones of amazon and if three or four of those prove comfortable then I am content with that.  I also live in a small town and frankly if I asked any shop within a few miles for a fitting I may as well put a neon sign above my head.  

hammer

I have post in the past the medical findings that there are no reasons that a bra is required! So, the only real reasons to wear a bra is for comfort or looks and if someone does not need one for either one of those reasons, why bother wearing one?

Personally I feel that they are a pain to wear and that's why I don't always wear them! They are to tight, add extra heat on a hot day, but there is the one one reason I need one, lol! I have to keep mine supported to prevent the rash that will develop under them if not supported! Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

aboywithgirls

I'm a pretty active guy.  I'm 9n my feet, moving most 9f my day. I can choose to go braless if I want to however , I know that the girls have a mind of their own. What happens is they will swing back and forth and bounce up and down. I look like the opening scene of Baywatch (and not the guys running either). My nipples get irritated and become engorged, my shoulders and lower portion of my boobs will ache. All in all, I'm going to be miserable. A good bra fixes all of that.

hammer

As I said, it's about comfort and looks!

ABWG's and I are around the same size and if I could be more active I'm sure I would be wearing my bras on a daily basis too! Because I'm not on my feet I don't feel that need as much, however when I do walk I understand that sway and bounce, especially when I have to use the stairs!

When I'm out working on my projects in the garage, I usually am wearing a bra, during those activities as well as doing any type of activity that requires me to be more active! Including when we go do a lot of running around shopping!

aboywithgirls

I remember when I started wearing a bra full time. I was so concerned that someone would see it. I know now that a benefit of a bra is greater than the concern. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024