Author Topic: Women's Clothing  (Read 9279 times)

Offline gotgyne

My doctor, my wife and myself all decided that going on TRT was probably not a good idea for me. So I’m going to live with my imbalance. My doctor told me to buckle up because I was in for a wild emotional and physical ride. And he was right. The journey has been interesting and a little wild and crazy. But with the support of my family and the conversation in this forum with others going through it, it has eased the emotional pain. I’m glad I found this forum. And the reason I game here in the first place because I was considering surgery.
This post is a month old, but I jump in. I also think that testosterone replacement tharapy is a problem, especially in older men. The doctors, the pharmacists and the drug companies often make a pretty good deal with it, but undoubtedly there are risks. But this topic is highly controversial. You can find many studies that say TRT is safe, even in older men, but also a lot of studies who warn of it, e.g. here:
Testosterone and prostate cancer risk
During TRT the excessive testosterone is converted by the enzyme aromatase in estrogen (especially in men with a lot of abdominal fat) that often enlarges their breasts. And even slim bodybuilders can develop a testosterone induced gynecomastia. So I'd be very careful if a physician suggests TRT.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

My doctor, my wife and myself all decided that going on TRT was probably not a good idea for me. So I’m going to live with my imbalance. My doctor told me to buckle up because I was in for a wild emotional and physical ride. And he was right. The journey has been interesting and a little wild and crazy. But with the support of my family and the conversation in this forum with others going through it, it has eased the emotional pain. I’m glad I found this forum. And the reason I game here in the first place because I was considering surgery.
This post is a month old, but I jump in. I also think that testosterone replacement tharapy is a problem, especially in older men. The doctors, the pharmacists and the drug companies often make a pretty good deal with it, but undoubtedly there are risks. But this topic is highly controversial. You can find many studies that say TRT is safe, even in older men, but also a lot of studies who warn of it, e.g. here:
Testosterone and prostate cancer risk
During TRT the excessive testosterone is converted by the enzyme aromatase in estrogen (especially in men with a lot of abdominal fat) that often enlarges their breasts. And even slim bodybuilders can develop a testosterone induced gynecomastia. So I'd be very careful if a physician suggests TRT.
I too was advised to not undergo testosterone TRT. Not only the cancer risk but the real risk of additional breast growth. I had two separate doctors of different specialities advise that.  If I can live with the physical as well as mental issues that would be the best recommendation for me. Like many here a lifetime of high estrogen has permanently effected me not only physically but mentally. I am more emotional than most men welling up almost at the drop of a hat.  As I have aged I have definitely mellowed to more like a female. TRT isn't going to fix that. TRT isn't going to fix my physical feminization due to a lifetime of estrogen either. Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. YMMV 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Dudewithboobs

Exactly. TRT can also cause long term issues if long term using to combat imbalance such as halting natural production of testosterone due to medically intervening and if stopping cause imbalances to occur again as the body tries to naturally supply itself again. And cause other things as everything medical is about dosage and typically it’s awhile before doses are correctly found for the long haul with 2-3 month check ups to see how things are and adjust if needed. Between the obstacles and headaches of it all I’d rather let my body either fix itself or just buckle in for whatever ride it may be. 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
In this painfully slow diagnostic process I have tried to anticipate the future course of this process called gynecomastia
Appointments are so spread out that the sequence of them has no meaning. For instance, endocrinologist wants a genetic counseling
evaluation but that is so far out that the next endocrinologist appt occurs before that one. I have been pressing for a more rapid
diagnostic resolution since 2021, spring. Unlike many here my estrogen level is normal but testosterone level is low approaching castrate
level. FSH, LH,Prolactin levels are way up, so the TE ratio is skewed so low it is 5.5 to 6.8 to 1. That’s a 6 to 10 times reduction from where it should be
so gynecomastia is manifesting markedly. By the time we get a cause pinned down I don’t know how big I’ll be.
Currently under bust is 44” and bust is 51”.
There is a lot of movement on stairs, bumpy roads, and at the gym, and while dancing.
Wife and I are trying to find some solutions. She sized and ordered a gynecomastia shirt and I found a sports bra incorporated in a not too feminine shirt for the above activities.
It’s helping but I will probably outgrow the solution soon .
Thanks to all for the ideas and life stories here as it has helped my navigation
during these times of frustration
Bob
Regards, Bob

aboywithgirls

Hello Bob,

I hope that your doctors are able to finally get you an accurate diagnosis. 

As far as clothing goes, let your wife help you. She knows what works for bras and tops that will provide you with a inconspicuous look. Believe me, even before my transition I wore a bra for almost 3 decades. It's ok for you to be comfortable and supported. Just because there's an "M " on your driver's license, it doesn't automatically exclude you from enjoying the support, shape, comfort and control that a bra provides. 

Be well 🤗🥰

Sophie ❤️

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
I do enjoy the support especially when dancing and exercising
I am still losing weight and am reluctant to buy a lot of new clothes
Have lost 75 lbs the last 18 months and plan on 15 more this next year
Hope to have an answer to the hormonal questions by then so I can make  some decisions re clothes and lifestyle changes that remain relatively stable. Still under surveillance for colorectal cancer that complicates the clinical picture ( markers remain negative )
Looking forward to dressing and presenting better soon rather than being a potato sack chasing a shrinking silhouette
Like all the encouragement that I find here
Bob

Offline taxmapper

So a new issue is arising for me.   

After researching some information, I am now inclined to try women's shoes that are built for women.  There is an anatomical difference and I have had foot problems my whole life and the descriptions of the foot that I read seems to point to me having a more female type foot despite their size. 

IMO I think there is more going on biologically with me than i previously thought. 

Confused old man

I have a narrow foot. Small heels. Both Nike and new balance will tell you to try women’s sneakers. It’s really hard to find B widths in men’s shoes now. Years ago I could find them. I wear women’s cowboy boots also. Regular women’s size is men’s B size. Shoe store clerk even when trying to buy boots told me that. So I buy women’s size 11. They fit perfect. No heel slip and a perfect foot bed. Some men’s shoes run narrow. But still not narrow enough for me. Always have had problems with my feet. Now that I have switched to women’s or on that rare occasion can find men’s that fit. My feet are doing much much better as well as my knees.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
you will find that diffeence between womens and mens shoes. I had to go 2 sizes bigger in womens than my mens. I always got mine on zappos and never had a problem with the fit

Offline taxmapper

I actually have the opposite problem. 
I have extraordinarily flat feet, and wide.  but my big toe is more prominent in depth.  Also I have long had problems of having my feet more flexible and twistable. I have sprained my feet so many times that I have learned to walk certain ways.  When running I have sprained both feet very badly with a near fracture of bones in my ankle area. 

But the description of how my foot behaves and other aspects tend to make me think that women's shoes may have to be the way to go. 

As long as they are actually built for a woman's foot rather than a small sized men's. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I to have wide feet with a big big toe except I dont have flat feet but do have ankle issues too

Offline Johndoe1

Women's W and WW are men's width. And those are closer in men's sizing. A women's 11WW is the same length as a women's 13M.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
thats what i was wearing except I was weaaring a mens 4 wide

Offline taxmapper

The standard is two sizes up. 

But the core reason is because in women specific construction they take the biology into account and add various paddings and arch supports. 
Women have more pronation than men because of the q angle. (Pelvis and leg angle.)

So the arch has a tendency to be somewhat lower than men's but also deeper into the sole than men's. As a result women get more planter fasciitis than men do and the abuse on women's feet is notorious with 4 inch heels.  

Women's ankles have a tendency to be more flexible and can twist in wider and more obtuse ways than men. Lending them to sprains and strains under high stress like running. 

All of the above has described my overtly large feet. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
my wife has planters and she doesnt wear heels

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024