Author Topic: Longline sports bra  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
Saw an ad for something called a longline sports bra. It looks sort of like a men's undershirt with bra cups at the top. Does anyone have experience with one of these? It seems like it might "hide" better under a shirt than a regular bra.

Offline Johndoe1

Depending on what kind of support you are looking for, it might be a good option. Any kind of pull over bra gets a lot of its support from tightness around the torso and the sports bra in a pullover, the cups are usually padded meaning they will be made of form and molded pockets to hold the breast so there will be some natural projection from the garment and could add up to a cup in size, depending on the garment.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
I have found that bras with more material beneath the bust line are generally uncomfortable.  Usually these garments get tighter the further down the material extends toward the waistline as they were designed for a typical female profile with tapers down from bust to waist.  Recall the once considered ideal profile 36-24-36?

It may not be true of the particular find - only a try on would tell if the longline was comfortable for you or the material roll annoyingly. 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
To me, worth a try? I "tried" and tossed them into my wife's "bra donation pile" to cede to deserving women. it's a good idea in concept and should have helped to reduce a male breast profile, but to me it didn't work out that way?

My experience is that "longline" garments seem ideal for men on paper, but we tend to not consider that we are not women? Gyne or not, women project a different "bust" than any man would. They also tend towards smaller waistlines than men do, which factors into the garment question. Consider a man wearing a Corsette? Physically incorrect.

There are good options out there for men that accept and embrace being "busty", and there also good options out there for men that want to deny/hide it.

Personally, I don't find that a "longline" sports bra would be a good solution. You are trying to compress/conceal/hide your chest; these garments are meant to highlight the chest while drawing attention away from the belly? It's a very female approach IMO.  If you happen to feel more "female" than 
"male", that's cool too, and I think we'd all like to hear what that has been like for you. At a minimum, maybe we can try to affect change in some way?

Offline gotgyne

Saw an ad for something called a longline sports bra. It looks sort of like a men's undershirt with bra cups at the top. Does anyone have experience with one of these? It seems like it might "hide" better under a shirt than a regular bra.
I think if you refer to a "longline sports bra" you could mean a crop top. A lot of women wear them not only for PE but every day.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

aboywithgirls

I think if you refer to a "longline sports bra" you could mean a crop top. A lot of women wear them not only for PE but every day.
I think that you may be thinking of a "yoga top". A yoga top is like a form fitting cami with a built-in shelf bra. I wear them for workouts and as outerwear in the warmer months I still need to wear a bra however, I think that if you're in the A or B cup size range, they may work well for you.

V FOR CITY Tank Top for Women with Built-in Shelf Bra Cotton Wide Strap Camisole Square Neck Cami Tanks 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CP9P61Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_N6PSQAPGGFQW82JMREDK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024