Author Topic: question re: loss of feeling in nipples  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
hi, well my surgery is in a few weeks and i met with the doc today. he talked with me about the risks involved. he told me i would almost certainly lose sensation in my nipples after the surgery and that a lot of men get it back after 8 months or so but that many men do not get it back. is this true? also, i don't seem to have much "sensation" in my nipples anyway. so i don't think it's too much to be worried about. any thoughts? he told me that i'm healthy and that he does these operations all the time and hasn't had any major problems but he was almost certain i would lose sensation in the nips and that it *could* be permanent. i don't think that alone should prevent me from having the surgery. any thoughts?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I have experienced loss of feeling in the nipple area.  Personally it doesn't matter to me.  I don't care if the feeling ever comes back.  I knew it was probable going into the surgery and it's a lot better than having gyne.  I never got any real extra pleasure out of sensitivity there anyway.

Having said that, everybody is different.  Some people would probably say that their nipple sensitivity enhances their sexual pleasure and would feel a great loss without it.  I guess you just have to evaluate the risk relative to your feelings.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
I have experienced loss of feeling in the nipple area.  Personally it doesn't matter to me.  I don't care if the feeling ever comes back.  I knew it was probable going into the surgery and it's a lot better than having gyne.  I never got any real extra pleasure out of sensitivity there anyway.

Having said that, everybody is different.  Some people would probably say that their nipple sensitivity enhances their sexual pleasure and would feel a great loss without it.  I guess you just have to evaluate the risk relative to your feelings.  

I totally agree . :D  
However my surgeon said to me last time that I would have my sensitivity back. On the left side I already have it.. on the right side I don't but he told me that it is very common because my right side has a little swealling so I'd have to wait.
So people... calm down and be patient.. this condition can last 3 to 6 months.

Pedro
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 03:12:31 AM by Pedro_portugal »

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
I lost my sensation.. my wife was rubbing scar gel on my nipples and I didnt even know she was touching me yet.  I couldnt feel a thing.   I am having some feeling back now though after 3 wks.   But like Mr nip said, I could care less if I lost sensation.  I dont need this for sexual performance. ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024