Author Topic: How do Vancouver doctors stack up in comparison to Dr. Fielding?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline 1234567

• Posting Member
So I'm wondering whether I should stay local or go to Dr. Fielding in Toronto. Going to Toronto would likely be a pain in the ass to at least some extent, but I think it may be my best bet. The last thing I want is to have my surgery, and find that the Vancouver doctor I used did a terrible job, and end up back where I started. Can anyone offer any insight into how good Vancouver doctors are, and how good Fielding is? I'd also like to hear about prices. Lastly, if anyone could explain to my dumb ass how Canadian medicare works I would be forvever grateful. It's time for me to take my life back.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
Can't tell you about Vancouver doctors cause I didn't go to one.

But Fielding did a good job on me.  I flew in from Vancouver twice, once for a consult and then for the surgery. Had an extended stay at the hotel after the surgery of 4 nights.  All in, flights, hotel and surgery cost me about $3300.  The cost of the surgery varies depending on your size.  Mine was on the high end from what I've seen on these boards.  I only ever got one quote from a Vancouver doctor and it was for $4300 minimum before he even took a look at me.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey man...no idea about Vancouver doctors as i am from Toronto. My price with Fielding is 1500$

Offline 1234567

• Posting Member
Hey man...no idea about Vancouver doctors as i am from Toronto. My price with Fielding is 1500$

Nice!

Can't tell you about Vancouver doctors cause I didn't go to one.

But Fielding did a good job on me.  I flew in from Vancouver twice, once for a consult and then for the surgery. Had an extended stay at the hotel after the surgery of 4 nights.  All in, flights, hotel and surgery cost me about $3300.  The cost of the surgery varies depending on your size.  Mine was on the high end from what I've seen on these boards.  I only ever got one quote from a Vancouver doctor and it was for $4300 minimum before he even took a look at me.

3300 doesn't sound too bad. How much was the surgery itself? I hear there is an out of province fee.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
out of province fee ?
nope...
the only extra fee related to provinces is when you come from Quebec where medical insurance dont cover Excision whereas all other provinces do.

but of course, if you live outside toronto, you'll need to pay for hotel and transportation... but thats it. no other fees.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
Surgery, vest and night at the hospital were $1900.

$3300 includes two return flights and 4 nights at a pretty decent hotel.  I was pretty impressed with the whole package too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024