Author Topic: Kenalog injections: Questions for the doctor  (Read 1585 times)

Offline xelnaga13

After much research it appears to me that some surgeons advocate kenalog shots and some do not. I am two months post op. and am experiencing some excessive scaring. I discussed the option of kenalog shots with my doctor and he said that its a difficult solution because its hard to know how much kenalog to give the patient.

My question for the doctors on this site is as follows. Have you ever treated a patient with kenalog that was not your surgery patient?

Offline xelnaga13

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My question for the doctors on this site is as follows. Have you ever treated a patient with kenalog that was not your surgery patient?

Yes, I have.

However, one must be sure that what is being treated in not breast tissue that was not initially removed properly.  How to tell?  In general, if you are smooth and contoured for a few weeks after surgery, then usually any apparent new growth under the areola is usually scar tissue, which is amenable to cortisone treatment. 

Usually, I do not treat any earlier than four months post op -- and I usually wait 5-6 months if possible.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

Thank you for your quick reply doctor. I had perfect contour post surgery for about a month. This is my second surgery for gyne; both times I developed significant scare tissue build up. I have another post up 2morrow evening to discuss scar treatment; I will report back. Thank you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024