Author Topic: Response From Doctor  (Read 3862 times)

Offline MRGR

• Posting Member
Hi <Name Removed>

We do arrange for patients to have phone consultations with Dr. Delgado when photos are sent (like you did) and we do not charge for this. I would be happy to arrange this for you, however, insurance does not cover this procedure. It is a fairly expensive procedure starting at about $7200 and goes up from there depending on how extreme the case is. Many of our patients finance their surgery through Capital One Healthcare Finance, if that is something you might be interested in let me know and I can give you their information. If you are still interested in a phone consultation, please resend your photos as they would not open.

Thank you for contacting our office,

Janice Nunez

Patient Coordinator to Dr. Delgado

(415) 898-4161

Wow. Not exactly the response I had been hoping to hear. $7,200 is way more than I would have been able to afford. I have lived with this damn condition for the past 33 years, I guess I will have to live with it for another 33. Unless I win the lottery, it looks like I am S.O.L.

I had a feeling that insurance would not cover it, but I had heard that it depended on how the doctor diagnosed it & billed it as. Guess it didn't help that I had read that some insurance carriers did cover it. Should not have allowed it to get my hopes up.

Everywhere else was just too far for me to travel to & too much money.

-MRGR

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Listen,

All medical schools teach the same material, from Biology I all the way to Neurology. So why pay $7200 to US doctors? I did in Peru for only $800 and it came out perfect, the only problem was some bleeding and bruising but that can happen to anyone. I am very happy with the results so far.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Even in different areas of the USA you'll find qualified surgeons with a wide range of surgery prices.   Mine was around $4,400.00 including a revision.  I've seen some posting on here that they had theirs done for around 3 grand.   Check around and you may be able to afford it yet.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Yeah but they cannot beat $800USD.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yeah but they cannot beat $800USD.

This is not a competition.  It's about considering the available options and deciding which one is right.  Surgery in Peru for $800.00 is cheap, and based on your satisfaction seems to be a valid option, but it may or may not be the best option depending on the individual's preferences and situation.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 02:28:12 PM by Mr_Nip »

Offline andre1963

Guys, I'm not a MD, but I do work in an area which focuses on assessing physicians' competencies here and abroad.  Please be careful when considering having any surgery done abroad.  I'm not trying to judge anyone who may have been thrilled with surgery performed outisde the US, but standards of care and medical education vary widely from country to country.  I can tell you that I would have no qualms about having this type of surgery in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia or Israel.  However, there are many, many other countries that I would personally not touch with a 10-foot pole, regardless of how enticing lower prices might be, given the paucity of standards thta surgeons need to meet.  Just a cautionary note.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
Guys, I'm not a MD, but I do work in an area which focuses on assessing physicians' competencies here and abroad.  Please be careful when considering having any surgery done abroad.  I'm not trying to judge anyone who may have been thrilled with surgery performed outisde the US, but standards of care and medical education vary widely from country to country.  I can tell you that I would have no qualms about having this type of surgery in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia or Israel.  However, there are many, many other countries that I would personally not touch with a 10-foot pole, regardless of how enticing lower prices might be, given the paucity of standards thta surgeons need to meet.  Just a cautionary note.
  I agree

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Someone must pay those Benz's payments.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024