Author Topic: I just need solutions...  (Read 4879 times)

Offline B2L

• Posting Member
I've been depressed over my chest for a while now (Basically... after I found out that I can't finance the surgical procedure and now have to learn how to live with it.)

So hopefully you guys can help me out:

• Blazers, Vests, Sweaters, and Suits all work well.... when it's cold. But not when it's 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) in New York City and the humidity is through the roof.
  • "Extra-Strong" Compression shirts could do well for everyday leisure.
  • But what about things like working out that cause a whole lot of sweat. Usually you change into workout clothes so that only your workout clothes get sweaty and stinky... but not an undergarment meant to keep your chest from jiggling.
  • Also the Dance class mirrors. Mirrors show no mercy to any flaw you have, including the fact that in a class of 20 women, you're the only guy who's chest bounces when you jump, or has to protect his chest if he rolls on the floor because it's just as tender as a womans. And like working out, the undergarment gets sweaty fast.
  • What about going swimming? That's a generally shirtless activity... Nobody goes scuba diving at their local pool so it's a bit too much to wear a body glove suit or a teeshirt (that does wonders on showing your chest rather than hiding it).
  • Or going to the beach and just not wanting to wear any kind of shirt but your bare skin (And some shorts of course).
  • What are you supposed to do when you're tired of covering up all the time, having to hide it whenever you do anything social, being weary of if anybody realizes or touches the tenderness?
  • Oh yeah - I can't dance or act shirtless, which isn't very cool for certain scenes and choreography that calls for it.
  • What annoys me is that... even if I do workout, and change everything else I can... I still wont be able to show it off because of my unflattering jiggly chest
  • Do I now need to have as many compression shirts as I do normal undershirts? Practically replacing all of my undershirts with compression shirts?
  • While I am a guy... that likes guys (Gay Male if you will): This doesn't help me in the masculinity department. I hate automatically being considered feminine or wanting to be the more feminine person in a relationship just because I have a shapely chest.
  • How am I supposed to learn how to accept this? How am I supposed to be strong?

I'm 19, tall, slim, and my chest is very noticeable. While I don't qualify for a sports bra, because of my body, it looks like I really do have boobs and a figure as well - which doesn't do me any good in the masculinity department (as i mentioned before). It just seems like such a pain to always have to cover it up because we're technically not supposed to have it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:50:10 PM by B2L »

Offline nearlythere

• Posting Member
Hey there

From my experience i found no way to accept gynecomastia and realised that surgery is the only option. All i can suggest is take an extra job and save for 2-3 years. Just think you are only 19 years old and people have the surgery at 30 years+. Just be patient save money and make cut backs.

Offline B2L

• Posting Member
that is not the point of the post.....

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
You're right, that's not the point of the post, but I think the responder is tryin to help you out.  Instead of spending money on extra clothes, i'd bite the bullet and save up the coin for the surgery.  In the mean time, hit the gym and eat healthy - by the time you save up the cash for the surgery, you'll have a hell of a body and the removing gyno will be a bonus!! 

I've had gyno since I was a teen and just got the surgery done last week - Im 30 years old right now.  Like most people will say, the only regret I have is not having it done sooner.  That's what I would do.

Regarding your comment on masculinity...  One of the biggest things that men lack these days is Mature Masculine Power...  One of the key components to MMP is PATIENCE... MAke sacrafices, work more hours, go to the gym, eat better, and be patient - one day you will wake up with a shit load of money for surgery, a great body, and a ton of confidence.

Offline B2L

• Posting Member
okay, fine, i do all the healthy stuff, but that doesn't solve the issue of what to do from now to the day that i go under the knife (if i ever get the money to go under the knife). Like i've said to others before, im tired of covering things up

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
how's your relationship with your parents? Have you talked to them about the issue?? Maybe they'll pay for the surgery, or at least give u a loan or something.... just an idea.

Offline B2L

• Posting Member
i wish, but if they could pay for a surgery, they could pay for my college tuition lol

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
you are pretty much asking a "how do i have my cake and eat it too type of question" most people on this board have felt the way you feel right now, be it waiting for surgery or saving for it. basically you need to realize that as an adult you have to work for some things and things don't change just because u get tired of them. you need to accept your situation as it is and start planning the steps to your goal. you have been living all this time in this condition so effectively it should be easier once you have made a resolution and plan for change. you will find that once you start saving that what seemed like a massive obstacle is becoming achievable. certain types of clothing will make your chest less noticeable as you have noted depending on your case u may find that your chest looks good enough when your nipples are stimulated that it wont be so noticeable. also get in shape now. a buff guy with gyne still looks better than an unfit person with gyne.

Offline GTM

• Posting Member
I'm 21 and having the surgery on the 7th. do what I did. Build your credit. Get a credit card and be good with it. Then after a few years take a loan out with your bank. I was approved for 5 grand and saved up for the other grand. Yeah my payments will be 220 which will make me broke, but I dont care...Its a small price to pay for the freedom I will get. Hey I can take a semester off from school to work full time if I have to. Again its the sacrifise I'm willing to make. You only live once and I want to be happy and normal.
There finally gone!

Offline nearlythere

• Posting Member
Just want to reiterate what manic91m9 has said. I decided to get my surgery done around 9 months ago. I've been round and round with the NHS and decided to go private. In all honesty in the last 9 months I have known that my gynecomastia will be gone soon and i've become accepting of it in the short run. Once you start working towards the goal of surgery it will feel like a load has lifted. It did for me so I hope it does for you.

Offline outertrial

How am I supposed to learn how to accept this? How am I supposed to be strong?

Acceptance comes with understanding. Its just bad luck you have gyne, dont try and make it personal or worry about how you think you should feel. Most men dont  want man boobs and have a hard time accepting them. Few people will care about your moobs as much as you do, or even notice them. If theyre really bothering you, which it seems they are, you should look at surgery, and you should definitely see a doctor if theyre causing you pain.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
First off I hope you are not B2Latino reincarnate.  If you are I hope you get banned again.  If you don't know what I'm talking about just ignore the comment but your screen name looks suspicious.   

Compression vest and conceling clothing is all you can do.  Forget the beach and swimming. do like the rest of us have done all our lives and avoid embarrassing activities.  There are plenty of other fun and relaxing activities to enjoy.  Save some money and don't forget that financing is a possibility through Capital One.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Here's what I did:

You're right, this affliction is tough to deal with.

My solution short-term was compression vests, garments.   They work WONDERS yet they are inconvienient.  I have a pool at my house so I even wore the compression garments under t-shirts while swimming with frineds.   That almost makes me cry.   I did it.   Do it.

I also enjoyed the immediate effects of a decent figure with the garments.    So much that once I had surgery nobody noticed because now my chest without a garment looks like it did before with a garment.

Now, I did have a girlfriend for a year and before we got "naked" I told her about the vest.  She understood and I just told her that it was so that I would look normal and that I was so glad I had her and could be honest with her.  That worked well.

I would say, get a garment.  GET IT NOW GET IT DO IT.  I went through several types before I found one I liked that fit me.  Then I ordered 3.  Then 6 more.  I've been wearing them for years.   I've just had surgery and am looking forward to not wearing them ever.   That will be a relief.

You can hang in there man.   Don't be depressed! 

Always remember, for every hot girl you see that you want to hook up with, there is some guy out there who is tired of putting up with her.  You can be the next guy.

Girls also frequently have terrible self-esteem and won't give a crap about how YOU Look as long as you make them feel beautiful.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
enthusiastic... he's a gay man. Things are a little different here. Mens mind don't work as ladies does. But B2L, you get the point, right?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024