Author Topic: What's The Cause! Gynecoma!  (Read 4272 times)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hi, i went to see the local Gp last week - eventually after 8 years of Horror - im 20 now. & he confirmed that i had Gyne, and has recently reffered me to a plastic surgeon with the NHS. Anyway, i asked him what he thought the cause was - in which he said it was because i used to be overweight as a teenager. I was curious about hormone inbalance being the case as im always HORNY - so he's giving me a blood test next wednesday to see.

I was just curious as to what was the cause of other people's Gynecomastia? - many thanks
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
you may have higher natural testosterone and since test can be converted to estrogen, higher estrogen as well.  even with higher estrogen your higher test can keep you at a nice test:estrogen ratio but the mammary glands are sensitive to hormones and could still grow as a result of higher estrogen levels.

you could take a guess depending on: do you have a lot of facial/body hair, what is your fat distribution like? (pretty lean everywhere but maybe carry more in the chest/stomach/lovehandles?) or is it more in the thighs & ass (female pattern of distribution)? how's muscle tone & skin?

but blood tests will show definitively where all your levels are at.

Offline Stizzy

does smoking pot really cause gyne? or is that another marijuana myth? is is purely genetic?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
does smoking pot really cause gyne? or is that another marijuana myth? is is purely genetic?

smoking pot doesn't cause gyne. being a lazy ass and letting your physique go to shit on the other hand can be a contributing factor. i'd say genetics and then prescription meds, disease and possibly toxins in the environment are what cause it (via hormonal fluctuations).

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
you may have higher natural testosterone and since test can be converted to estrogen, higher estrogen as well.  even with higher estrogen your higher test can keep you at a nice test:estrogen ratio but the mammary glands are sensitive to hormones and could still grow as a result of higher estrogen levels.

you could take a guess depending on: do you have a lot of facial/body hair, what is your fat distribution like? (pretty lean everywhere but maybe carry more in the chest/stomach/lovehandles?) or is it more in the thighs & ass (female pattern of distribution)? how's muscle tone & skin?

but blood tests will show definitively where all your levels are at.

Ye - i started puberty far earlier than the other kids my age - & i've been training for 3-4 years now & am pretty lean everywhere apart from my stomach & chest, my b/f% is 20%, -  my stomach's not really fat. Ill post a picture if it would help?

AntiGyneProANDRoGyNE

About the cause of gyno You have probably heard this a hundred times but:

It's caused by overgrowth of mammary glands (which can be caused by for example hormonal unbalance)
or pseudo-gyno is caused by fat and it isn't real gyno.

Being owerwight doesn't cause real gyno so your doc is wrong about that (unless he meant pseudo-gyno, which you don't have?).

But enough offtopic, my gyno is caused by mammary gland overgrowth + a bit of fat, I'm gonna go see my doc on monday/tuesday couse I'm sick of this (4-5 years already suffered) and I realised a few weeks ago that it's gynecomastia :P

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
I really dont know what kind of gyne i have...... i have no lump behind my nipples, & it feels mostly fat, but in saying that i wouldnt know how to tell if its an enlarged gland,

Here's a pick - let me know what you think.

Offline Alfa

• Posting Member
Judging by the look, which is a lot like mine, I think it's mostly fat, but it could be gland also.

In my own case I can feel small lumps, but they are hard to find, but I suspect there might be some enlarged strands of gland. It feels like it's mostly fat but I can find like some sort of harder strand-like tissue also. In any case, I think most of the look comes from fat. I suspect that with more gland it would more like "puffy nipples" or something.

Offline Alfa

• Posting Member
By the way... I just read that gynecomastia could be determined by sort of pinching the boob and see if you find something that would feel like a firm and rubbery tissue. I've always thought of it as mostly fat, but I could be mistaken.

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply ALPHA.... I'm currently trying to loose even more fat & build some muscle, to get the best body ready for the "BOOB JOB"  ;D

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Sorry.....ALFA i ment!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024