Author Topic: skin tightening cream  (Read 4006 times)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been reading online about how some people use it when losing lots of weight or giving birth, and i was wondering if anyone here has tried it post op. I was thinking of tryin it out on my areola because I've got a little bit of saggyness.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
I spoke to two surgeons and it's a myth. The ONLY potential treatment is laser, but those same surgeons say it has yet to really be proven.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

pjnIL

There are creams out there that work well.  The ones usually used after pregnancy are creams with shea butter and cocoa, such as Palmer's.  However, I think these are more intended for loose skin that is not due to surgery.  If you are losing weight then it should be used often to help the skin tighten gradually.  I do not know how well it would work with post-op.  You can always try, the lotions are not that expensive.  The worst that could happen is it does not work and you are out 5 dollars.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't waste your money on expensive "skin tightening" creams -- there are none out there that work (despite their advertising!).

However, good skin care is essential and an inexpensive skin cream which will hydrate and nourish your skin is always a sound investment!  Try Lubriderm or Nutragena -- both excellent.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024