Author Topic: Alcohol Pre-op  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
My surgery is tomorrow with Dr. Fielding. I traveled from montreal to toronto today, and I am now at the hotel spending the night. In my pre-op instructions, there is no mention about alcohol. It does state no smoking 2 weeks prior to surgery, but nothing for alcohol.

I wanted to know if it would be OK if I get a couple of drinks...?

Advice ?

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I wouldn't, especially the night before your surgery.  I know that alcohol travels through your system at the rate of a "drink and hour", but alcohol acts as a blood thinner and affects your liver.  It's not something I would chance. 

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
i agree, don't drink any alcohol prior to surgery and a few days after (might want to get the specifics from your ps)..twin peaks is right, it is a blood thinner ...

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
PS Good luck with the surgery! Fielding was great to me. You are in great hands.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
PS Good luck with the surgery! Fielding was great to me. You are in great hands.

Thank you DCBR78,

I finally decided not to have any drinks, I already feel bad enough for not respecting the " not smoking 2 weeks prior to surgery" instruction, I don't wanna make things worse. It's just that spending the night alone at the hotel, and with the bar downstairs it was tempting...lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024