Author Topic: compression vest/under armour  (Read 3403 times)

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
Hi guys, on tuesday i will be one week post op.  my doc said by friday i can just wear under armour as long as its tight instead of the compression vest.  any thoughts on this?

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
It seems like many doctors recommend to wear the compression garment for weeks (usually 4).  It takes longer than a week for the blood vessels under your skin to heal themselves.  You might lengthen your recovery time by not wearing a garment after one week.

DrBermant

Hi guys, on tuesday i will be one week post op.  my doc said by friday i can just wear under armour as long as its tight instead of the compression vest.  any thoughts on this?

Each surgeon has his / her own preferences.  The under armor garment is not in the same league as the one I use, too little pressure and it loses its compression too much.

I prefer to fit each of my patients myself for both their First Stage After Gynecomastia Surgery Garments and their Second Stage After Male Breast Reduction Surgery Vest.  These links can also be used to learn more about the garments .

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024