Author Topic: consultation  (Read 2568 times)

rickslick19

Hey everybody. I have lurked on here for a while and I think I've posted once but I just wanted to touch bases. I've been working my butt off this summer trying to save up some money for surgery. I live in Kentucky and I've been calling places in TN. My spending limit is going to be around $3,500. One place that I called said that there usual fee is over $4,000 for the procedure, but they said if my case isn't too bad then they would perform the surgery in office for only the surgeons fee of $2,800. My question I guess is how do surgeons usually determine the severity of the surgery. Is it by size or what?

DrBermant

Hey everybody. I have lurked on here for a while and I think I've posted once but I just wanted to touch bases. I've been working my butt off this summer trying to save up some money for surgery. I live in Kentucky and I've been calling places in TN. My spending limit is going to be around $3,500. One place that I called said that there usual fee is over $4,000 for the procedure, but they said if my case isn't too bad then they would perform the surgery in office for only the surgeons fee of $2,800. My question I guess is how do surgeons usually determine the severity of the surgery. Is it by size or what?

I see so many different types of gynecomastia, that one price just would not be fair for all.  Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the degree of the problem, what needs to be done, and can vary from doctor to doctor and around the world.  Revision Gynecomastia Surgery tends to be much more expensive so getting it right the first time can be very important.  Picking a doctor with extensive gynecomastia surgery experience with a low revision rate can be less expensive than discounted surgery from someone with less skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My question I guess is how do surgeons usually determine the severity of the surgery. Is it by size or what?

Yeah, it makes sense that the more work that the PS has to do, the more coin you will pay.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024