Author Topic: Causes  (Read 1493 times)

Offline qwertyis

• Posting Member
I used my grandmother's vaginal creams to masturbate with when I was a teenager. Had no gynecomastia until I started using herbal prostate medication at 45. Got seriously puffy nipples with tissue which are very feminine looking. Stopped medication and gynecomastia has stayed. Prostate is playing up again and not sure what to do?? While on medication my skin gets dry, low libido and very calm. Could my using cream when young have had an effect on my system.

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
Proscar and Avodart are both medications used for prostate enlargement.  They are known to cause gynecomastia.

If you're taking herbs that treat the same thing, it is probably what caused it.  That, or it could also be a hormone imbalance that comes with aging.  I would guess it is the stuff used to treat the prostate.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ditto.

Almost any medication has some kind of side effects. In the case of medications used for BPH (prostate enlargement) decreased libido and feminization to some extent are part of the price some of us must pay. Not everyone has the same effects, some guys seem to get a free pass while others react as you did.

Once established, the breast tissue is here to stay unless you have surgery. The irony here is that many of us in the older age groups are often not good surgical risks for other reasons.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024