Author Topic: Underworks 997 vs compression vest from PS  (Read 2153 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Do you guys think the style 997 UnderWorks compression shirt provides enough compression for post-op healing?  I'm on post-op day #5 and my PS suggested only wearing the vest for seven days to allow my skin to adhere to the new tissue.

What concerns me is that if I remove my vest I'll begin to have some swelling.  The reason I don't want to continue wearing the vest is because it aggravates me so much (as many of you have noticed from my posts).  I would have no problem wearing my 997 compression shirt 24/7 because it actually allows me to move, and I don't doubt that it'll at least hold my skin to my chest.  

Any comments?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I wouldn't (and didn't) use the 997 for post op healing. Seriously, one week is not that much. We've all had the itching, and it does suck, but do not bother risking anything over it.

Also, the 997 is hard to get on when your movement is a bit limited.
etc.

Offline nukem2k5

Well I was intending to use it after the one week in order to help prevent any swelling.  Most of the people on these forums suggest wearing the vest for at least 2-3 weeks but my PS says it isn't necessary.  He said that he's seen the same results from wearing it one week and wearing it three to six months (he's been a PS for 27 years).

I just would like to wear the 997 to have an extra feeling of support and protection.  I can handle the vest for another day or so.  

I do agree that it's a real bitch to get on.

Offline nukem2k5

Did you notice any more swelling after the two weeks when you took off the compression vest during the day?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024