Author Topic: A$$YMETRY  (post-op)  (Read 2730 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
So after all the swelling and brusing and other shiz has gone down and some time has past, it soon becomes clear to some people that their chest is assymetrical. perhaps it was pre-op, perhaps not. some people can tell if this is the case pre-op,for others the gyne can hide it. For some their ribs or breast-bones may be assymetrical, for others it may be down to a spinal assymetry or something else....whatever the case

There is a lot of talk about people having a "minor" revision "just" to correct post-op assymetry,  and many surgeons clearly state that there is a risk of ending up with assymetry post-gyne-surgery, that is "easily corrected the second time round"

what is generally implied by gyne patients and surgeons is that assymetry correction to an otherwise successful post-operative outcome is less severe and less invasive than the primary surgery.

HAS ANYONE had a second operation ONLY to correct an assymetry that was left after their original gyne-surgery ?

What does such a procedure involve ( assuming that adequate gland and fat was removed first time round to correct the gyne itself) ?
What is the approach to this generally ? How long would one have to wait after having a FIRST GYNE OPERAtion to correct the assymetry that it has left behind post-op (once it is clear that its not because of swelling)?

and just how invasive/non-invasive is such a type of revision??

[THIS CAN BE THE OFFICIAL POST-OP ASSYMETRY THREAD IF YOU WILL]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 08:49:02 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
PS. mY pLASTIC SURGEon says that that is just how my chest is. Thats apparently how it naturally was, underneath the gyne.

supposing that were the case...Even still, surely the art/science  of plastic surgery has ways to take care of it. ??

)sorry no pics available as yet)

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Assymetry is not an issue for me. Even before my gyne operation my left chest is bigger than my right chest. Now post op its the other way around - my right chest is a little bit bigger than my left chest and I am cool with it. I see a lot of celebrities on TV with buffed bodies with chests which are not exactly symmetrical, one side is always a bit bigger than the other side - and nearly anyone notice it because attention is drawn somewhere else like big biceps, abs and overall buff chest and body. I think for people with a little assymetry on their chest post op, body building will help hide or divert attention away from the uneveness of their chest.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:08:42 PM by kkl »
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Not trying to hijack the thread, but Kevin, how long did your PS instruct you to wear your compression?  Your results look similar to mine and my PS said he's never seen a benefit to wearing it more than a week.  

Btw, your results are looking great!
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I am more interested in understanding the surgical approach to correcting assymetry that is evident/noticeable after having gyne excision and/or lipo surgery... ???

If its supposedly so much less invasive than the original surgery or  is actually only "a small second procedure" or a "touch-up" (as many surgeons websites proclaim, via different wordings), what could possibly be involved other than further excision and/or lipo , another anaesthetic and another hospital stay ?

Perhaps anyone that's undergone a "touch-up" (especially if it were for assymetry issues) or any docs lurking around the boards can help me understand this ? ???

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Thanks nukem2k5! My PS instructed me to wear the binder 24hrs for a week then only 12hrs everyday for another week afterwards its up to you.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
The ASSYMETRY I am referring to essentially seems to be an assymetry of the CHEST WALL, where 1 side  protrudes out (and seems bulkier) while the other sits back , fairly flat.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of what might be involved in correcting this type of assymetry ?

ps(will be getting a digital camera in a few weeks so I can illustrate what Im talking about)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
A few weeks ago I noticed quite a lot of people talking about how they are/maybe having a small "touch-up" procedure in a few months to correct and enhance certain aspects of their results,one of which mentioned was assymetry.
Surely some of you who were posting about this, have some idea od what this "touch-up" might involve, and can help me out with some info, or divulging some details re: these 2nd procedures

would certainly be much appreciated

cheers,
T

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024