Author Topic: Just Emailed Mom  (Read 8724 times)

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
I'm 17. Just emailed my mom to tell her about all this stuff (I couldn’t get myself to talk to her without breaking the ice about it like that). She'll get it in work tomorrow.

Ughhh, I feel embarrassed. I don't really talk to my parents about personal stuff like that so it feels weird.

Wish me luck, I suppose.  :-\     

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Good luck Jack - you'll be okay - keep your head up!

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Hey man, good luck!

Body topics can be difficult with parents.

Congratulations on reaching out to her. Good luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When people take charge of things as you have just done, they do not need luck as they make their own way.

Congratulations on being a man!

Grandpa Dan

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I'm 33  years old and I even felt uncomfortable telling my parents what I was doing. Good for u bro!!! Its the first step of the process.
Just do it!

anonymous1

Dude jack congrats man I hope some of my advice helped out. I'm sure she'll be an understanding mother. Mine was and I just sold my motorcycle and I'm having surgery on wed!

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
She said no.

She said the problem is in my head.

Won't come to see a doctor.

Now I feel like and idiot.

anonymous1

Do you have any pics posted? That's basically what my parents told me and I told them that if I didn't have it done I couldn't live with myself anymore. I sold my bike and showed them how serious I am and they finally understand how much of an affect it has on my life

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
I have some up.

I don't know what to do. She didn't even approach it with an open mind. She went into my room and told me "I'm not going along with it".

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Ouch dude that must've hurt. Being shot down by your own mother. Well I have the same situation with my mom as well. Hopefully your mom will find the will to actually listen to you and stand by your every decision. Keep tryin man.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
i found your pics and id have to disagree with your mom on this one.  You don't have a severe case but you do show obvious signs of gyn.  id suggest getting a part time job and sticking with it and paying for the surgery on your own.  im almost 24 and havent had the surgery yet.  its better to wait until your a little older anyway just to be on the safe side. be patient young man.

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
I don't need their money; I already have it saved myself. All I need is their approval, because I'm a minor.

Dad was a little better. He said he thought it was dumb, but that I could go to my general physician and at least talk to him about seeing a surgeon (I don’t know what my doctor would say, but I’m a pretty well adjusted kid, and I think he knows that, so I don’t know).

My dad also seems to think that doing pushups will get rid of it. I tried to explain to him that pushups develop the pectoralis, and that they wouldn't have an impact of things, because it's breast tissue, not fat or muscle. He didn't understand.   

I wasn't expecting to have to argue with them over this.  :-\

anonymous1

My dad said pushups would help too, then I did 50 pushups in front of him and asked what the hell do you think I've been doing and that finally made him see it wouldn't go away with working out.  He is just now adjusting to the idea, I had to prove that I wouldn't stop trying for surgery and I would do whatever I could to have it done.  My mom is understanding though after a bit of persuasion and she agrees that something needs to be done for my self esteem.

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
I don't think it's unreasonable for parents to be resistant to the idea of plastic surgery. There are certainly risks involved and you normally don't want to go under the knife unless you have to. Your parents probably also see PS as something vain.

The good news is that you're 17. You'll be able to get the surgery without their consent within a year.

I'm 25. I have my own money. And when I can set aside the time, I'll get the surgery. I might not even tell my parents...The only reason I would tell them would be to hedge against the slightest chance that something goes wrong. Because of the risks involved in surgery, I think they would be hurt if I had any type of operation and didn't tell them about it.

Even though you didn't get the reaction that you wanted, I commend you for having the courage to talk to them about it. Let us know how things play out.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Jack17, keep us posted on your progress in getting surgery. Soon things would turn around.

https://forum.gynecomastia.org/Themes/Gaming-Nation/images/post/xx.gif
Has anyone emailed Dr. Karidis, or have you guys mostly called him?

Started by Cellar_Door on U.K.

2 Replies
Last post: April 25, 2009, 07:19:17 PM
by
Cellar_Door

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024