Author Topic: I need an excuse for my non-drinking...  (Read 6177 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
That smacks of being pathetic, yes.

I'm a few days post-op and not drinking and a my friends are having a big party tomorrow, they'll be wondering why the hell I'm not touching alcohol.

I'm not telling them about the surgery. If I say "I don't want to", they'll keep asking, wondering what's up with me. And to save any hassle, I'd like to have a valid excuse like "I'm on antibiotics" or some shit like that.

What could I come up with?
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Don't go to the party dude...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Don't go to the party dude...  ;)

GB...

I have to. It's for a good friend who's back from nearly a year away abroad.

Meh, I'll just say I'm not drinking. darn the rest of them.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So why don't you want to have a few drinks?

GB...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Someone needs to be the "Designated Driver" to get the others safely home after the party.

You'd be doing a service to your friends by volunteering, and it would provide your cover as well.

It seems too easy to me.....
Grandpa Dan

Offline kingboob

Tell them you are on antibiotics and your doctor has told you not to drink on them....... they wont know any better unless you happen to have a nurse or doctor in the group!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Tell them you are on antibiotics and your doctor has told you not to drink on them....... they wont know any better unless you happen to have a nurse or doctor in the group!

Good idea. But antibiotics for what?

After a while, I'm just going to stay firm and not let other people influence me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB...

You won't keel over and die from having a drink or two dude...  ;)

GB...

Offline kingboob

After a while, I'm just going to stay firm and not let other people influence me.

I dunno?  Tell them you had some dental work and have antibiotics for 7 days as a precaution......  Just tell them you don't want to drink??  Decent friends shouldn't force feed you alcohol.

I'm not a big drinker because personally I just don't enjoy the feeling  much..... I haven't had anything to drink since around Christmas time - so I really can't see the issue with not wanting to drink!??!

Offline thetodd

My excuse to my mates for not seeing them was removal of my wisdom teeth

and the week after i said i was on antibiotics their response was "oh right". I was worried about it aswell but in reality people arent in inquisitive as you think. But yeah a pint or two wont really to anything but better safe than sorry
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:03:00 PM by thetodd »
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

GB...

GB...

I'm just a couple of days post-op. I don't want to touch the stuff until a couple of weeks at least have elapsed. Good riddance anyway, it's a waste of money in my opinion - money that I can't afford to be pissing away after spending over 4 grand on a secret operation.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

Just tell them you don't want to drink??  Decent friends shouldn't force feed you alcohol.

Yeah, that's pretty much spot on.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB...

GB...

I'm just a couple of days post-op. I don't want to touch the stuff until a couple of weeks at least have elapsed. Good riddance anyway, it's a waste of money in my opinion - money that I can't afford to be pissing away after spending over 4 grand on a secret operation.

Well there you go then...  Just tell them you no longer drink...  ;)

GB...

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Is what your friends think about you not drinking at a party really THAT important? You've just had a surgery that will change your life and the way you feel about you self. If I were in your shoes, I'd say I wasn't drinking end of story. For the friends who don't like, can suck it. Any excuse should be enough. In all honesty, I would be more worried about friends slapping my chest or punching me in a joking way. Could you imagine your chest selling to the size of an orange right there? Who cares about the beers!

Good point!

Anyway, I'm back now and I just said "I'm off the booze for a while". As for "why?", I just shrugged and said I'm sick of it.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you could say you have a bet of 300 fish you can go one week without drinking.  if that doesn't work, stick by the antibiotics one and say the dr threatened you with personal physical harm if you broke it ;)  after that, you're your own man and can stick to your guns. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024