Author Topic: Low Testerone and Gyne (TRT)  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Reverb

Hello all, have had gyne for roughly 9 years now (25 now); got some blood work that found my testosterone level is around 197 (I'm not sure of the unit of measure but it is supposed to be within 500-900ish?); doctor said my Gyne was probably related to this. He believes it is secondary because the chemical that initiates test levels isn't as high as it should be (in that my pituitary should be seeing how low my test is and releasing this chemical to increase test production, but isn't)... though my estrogen is normal too.

I am having an MRI this week, but most likely he will recommend replacement therapy, which concerns me. I've read on the forums here that some people have an increase in gyne with TRT, while others benefit from it. Is there any consistency to this? Will the increase in testosterone simply allow my body to synthesize more estrogen... thus worsening my situation?

My hope is that my hormone levels will simply balance out and possibly reduce my gyne... any thoughts on this?

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
I would like to know more about this aswell,

To OP, what are your symptoms beside Gyno?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it could, did he discuss aromatization and e-blockers at all?   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As far as general health is concerned, the major issue would seem to be Hypogonadism while Gynecomastia is a secondary issue.

The suggestion of HHH to discuss the possible use of drugs to block Aromatase and Estrogen is something that you should take seriously.

It may be difficult to accept, but for some people an increase in breast size may be the price you have to pay for improved overall health.

Make your concerns known to the Endocrinologist and hope for the best as you prepare for the worst.
Grandpa Dan

Offline kingboob

If done properly TRT should not cause a big issue in terms of gyne........  The main thing to watch out for is the testosterone converting into estrogen  and causing breast growth.  This can be avoided by not using large amounts of testosterone at any one time; Some doctors are keen on giving TRT in the form of one injection every month but it is far better to have a smaller injection every week as this keeps levels more stable and within a safer range.

There are also drugs which can stop T converting into E2 and so cancel out any risk of breast growth.  Unfortunately the gyne you already have probably wont go away just by increasing your testosterone levels.

I have been on TRT for over a year now and I have not noticed any gyne regrowth (start TRT after gyne surgery).  I am on quite a high dose of testosterone gels which are the form of TRT which  is highest risk for converting T to E. (or so I am told)

197 is very low- depending on reference ranges, somewhere around the 700 mark is ideal for most guys....... if you do decide to go down the TRT route you will be surprised at the improvements in general health & wellbeing that you will notice after a few months.

Offline Reverb

Wow thanks for all the feedback... I will definetly discuss this with my Endo.

I don't know that I have any other symptons, in fact I went to the doctor for dizzy spells and thats when all of this was found out. I have a difficult time putting on muscle and I believe I may be lacking in my aggresivneness, but I don't know of any other overt signs of this. I can grow facial hair (patchy) but I am also almost completely bald... so it seems odd that my test is this low.

I don't recall discussing conversion or e-blockers at all, but I will def. bring this up when I see him next; he (my Endo) believed TRT might reduce my gyne actually... I believe his thought process was that if my est levels were normal than my body wouldn't synthesize any more est than needed... thus my levels would simply balance out.

In discussing the test injections, does this have to be performed by a doctor or can you do it yourself?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024