Author Topic: An opinion would be nice  (Read 3067 times)

Offline els_stylo

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Just taking this photo was extremely difficult for me. I know the chances of this being seen by an actual doctor are slim, but can anybody offer any opinions on my chest? I'm 6'0 and 163 lbs. I'm "skinny fat" as in I have a bit of a gut and small love handles. Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape.

Thanks.

Offline els_stylo

• Posting Member
I should also add that I've lost about 20 pounds in the last few months through eating better and exercise. I did notice a reduction in size, but honestly, I don't know how much more weight I can lose.

hammer

No matter how much you lose you will not lose the breast, I'm sorry to say! Surgery or acceptance are the only two ways of dealing with them.

We now have some really great doctors that can make them go away, but the bad news is it will cost some money and not covered by insurance.

You have come to the right place for support and advice, welcome to the forum.

Bob

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hello , my breasts are almost the same as what you have in shape , I have accepted this and am not going for the surgery, that would be your choice, not every man is happy with breasts.family support is important as well as understanding of your condition.i do wish you well in what ever you do finaly choose.

Offline AdamR

• Posting Member
Yep looks like surgery is the only thing that will get rid of that. Unless you just embrace it or cover it in your own way. But they won't go by themselves. Goodluck with whatever you do!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You have what appears to be a very loose skin envelope, along with breast tissue.  That poses a problem when trying to perform the classic gyne procedure of breast tissue excision and liposuction.  You may be left with a flaccid envelope of skin that won't contract sufficiently.  You don't mention your age.  The younger you are, the more elastin fibers you have in your skin and the better it contracts after surgery.  You could possible need excision of the excess skin with the breast tissue, along with free nipple grafting.  If you are considering surgery rather than acceptance, seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with a lot of gyne surgery experience.  Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline els_stylo

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=28699.msg186479#msg186479 date=1387118586]
You have what appears to be a very loose skin envelope, along with breast tissue.  That poses a problem when trying to perform the classic gyne procedure of breast tissue excision and liposuction.  You may be left with a flaccid envelope of skin that won't contract sufficiently.  You don't mention your age.  The younger you are, the more elastin fibers you have in your skin and the better it contracts after surgery.  You could possible need excision of the excess skin with the breast tissue, along with free nipple grafting.  If you are considering surgery rather than acceptance, seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with a lot of gyne surgery experience.  Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

Thank you Dr. Pope and everybody else for the information and support. I'm 25 years old and have been dealing with this since I was 11. I'm seeing Dr. Fielding (Toronto) tomorrow. He's been praised on this website by others. I'd say his qualifications appear to be quite impressive, and the price range of the procedure is lower than what I can find in my own city. I've heard of people going to the US for the surgery; I'd consider something like that if found that the costs are reasonable!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you do appear to have gyne and no further dieting will help significantly.  Your only options are to have surgery or to accept it and live with it.

If you opt for surgery, would go for the simplest procedure possible (lipo with possible excision).  At your age and with proper surgery, the skin should tighten fairly significantly.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline els_stylo

• Posting Member
Hi again,

I had a consultation earlier this week. As the pictures show, I definitely have the condition. It's a bit of a relief to know that there's nothing I could have physically done myself to make it go away.

My surgery is booked for next month. I'll make sure to talk about my experiences on the Surgery Experiences forum so that others may benefit.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!

hammer

Good luck with your surgery, I hope that all goes well and wish you a great recovery!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024