Author Topic: Has anyone here actually made a significant change by losing weight?  (Read 14161 times)

Offline ducky

• Posting Member
Either good or bad?

We know you can't lose glandular tissue via diet/exercise/weight loss. We know gyno is a combination of fat and glandular tissue.

But, there are varying degrees of the ratios of fat/glandular tissue.

So...has anyone here who happened to have more fat than glandular tissue been able to improve their chest through diet alone?

Has anyone here with more glandular tissue than fat lost weight and made their gyno more pronounced??

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
I hit a 'high' of 248lbs (just under 6' tall).

I dropped to 210, and the gyno was much more pronounced and 'feminine' in appearance. I dropped to 200 and the same if not worse, so I had surgery.

I'm 4 weeks since the procedure now and looking forward to resuming the weight loss and getting to 180 or so.

So in my experience, weight gain probably contributed to the development, and loss just made it look worse.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
At one point, a few years ago, I lost about 50 lbs and the G was more pronounced, but in general I felt and looked healthier.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
seems to be for me as well , I lost 20lbs and my breasts have sagged more,

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
When a guy is overweight, his breasts consist of breast tissue and fat.  When substantial weight is lost, the breasts will get smaller (along with the rest of your body) due to the shrinkage of the fat within the breasts.  But the breast tissue does not respond or shrink with weight loss.  As a result, although you may be thinner and have slightly smaller breasts, they may droop, the nipples may be too low on your chest and the breast tissue is more concentrated -- all of which may make the problem quite obvious.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bs25ub

At my height I was 331 lbs and 6'2" I am at 210 lbs and have maintained it for 6 years now. My breast are actually more pronounced that I have lost the weight. My breast have shrunk but it bothers me now more than it did when I was heavier. Hopefully I will be having the surgery in a few months. 

Offline Ri401

• Posting Member
Last year I was trying everything to get rid of my gynecomastia. It is something I've dealt with my entire life, although I was never really extremely obese. I dropped 40 pounds in 5 months.. And absolutely NOTHING changed. Lost all that weight and barely anything from my gynecomastia. It may help a little bit but it will never cure it. Gynecomastia is actual breast tissue, not just fat. Fat can be lost with exercise but breast tissue cant unfortunately.

Offline John Parker

I have a couple of bodybuilding friends that have man boobs, one guy lost about 30kg's and have man boobs although he is as lean as can be. It is also more prominent in the thinner guys as they stick out and hard to hide when you wear gym clothes. Compression is your friend!!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Ducky,

I've been throu8hg the mill on this one.  I get started at 11 with early puberty.  I was 5'9 by then and maybe 20 pounds overweight.  By age 12 I had pretty solid b-cups. By the time I was 18 at 6'1" and 235 pounds I had a solid D cup.  After a broken back I went up to 325 pounds and was up past a DD cup.  Over the next 3 years I was down to 170 and stayed below 190 for the next 15 years.  It was a D cup all the way down to 170.  At 170 they stick way out compared to everything else.  12 years ago I was at 285 pounds with 85 pounds of that water, I had DD+.  My whole body was bloated with water.  All my life, up to this point I was a floater.  I could not sink in water no matter how far I exhaled.  In my body rebuild where I lost 85 pounds of water, 40-50 pounds of fat and put on about 50 pounds of muscle that had atrophied, I started sinking with my lungs half full.  My body is far denser than it ever used to be. Now at 220 pounds I need to lose about 30 pounds, but still sink.  My D-DD breasts stick out way past my stomach.  In the entire weight range I had about a cup and a half variation breast size purely by weight; fat and edema. 

And the more weight I lost the more prominent my breasts.  So if I slouch, push my shoulders forward and stick out my stomach and hernia to the max my breasts practically disappear comparatively.  If I stand up straight, use my muscles to control the hernia, put my shoulders back and use my stomach muscles my lower back is generally good and my breasts stick out to the max, and all I'm doing is trying to have the posture that lets me keep functioning which is what mothers and teachers everywhere nag about.

A cup and a half sounds like a lot of change from losing weight  but going from D to DD+ really isn't much of a change.  Especially since the D was far more noticeable and outstanding at the lower weight than the DD+ were at the higher weight.

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
I'm still in the process, but with weight loss it's looking much more better for me.

Offline Sabinalu

• Posting Member
Well I have only just properly started losing weight but reading this has to be one of the best things for motivation I have read in a while =D cant wait till I can post in this thread with my results.

Offline johndean

• Posting Member
Hello guys,
I've been thinking for bariatric surgery a lot and I think it's the best solution to cure my obesity problems. Now the thing is I need really professional surgeons in order to be safe and so on. Recently I've found Placidway , a company that provides medical tourism services and some gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico..
What do u think?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
So you have chosen to have a medical tourism company find a surgeon for you in Mexico -- all, I suppose, because it would be cheaper.

Why take a chance on your health by trusting a tourism company to find a surgeon for you.  Can you check out the surgeon properly?  Does he kick back to the tourism company?  What type of hospital would it be -- clean and vetted as all our US hospitals are?  And what if something goes wrong during/after surgery?  What are your options? And if something goes very wrong, do you have grounds to pursue the doctor legally?

And on and on.

In sum, I think this is a very dangerous course for you to follow -- IMHO.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If cost is your chief criteria in finding a surgeon, we will soon hear from you about how unhappy you are with the result and how it is all the surgeons fault.
Please reconsider.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Budster70

I lost 50lbs in a yr and my gyneco went from a 42b to a 36/38 A

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024