Author Topic: Confused on size now  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
So, been on reddit lately and found r/abrathatfits. They have a calculator but unlike others they have a flag for “born as a male” which I thought was a nice touch.
So for the last while I have sold myself that I wear 36C.
After pumping in my measurements I get 38DD/DDD
I’m thinking “whoooaaa this thing is way out” then I’m reading all their info on “shallow deep root” breasts etc. Other people’s testimonies etc. Now.. I’m thinking “maybe I am?” It’s more style than size etc.
Just trying to figure this out. There’s not a lot of amazing stores to get fitted. And even I’m questioning of the ones I have gone to are more out to make a sale or they know what they are doing.

I have attached a couple of pics. Take a look. This is my Maidenform 36C I wear most often. Is it sitting right? Am I wrong? Does it look too small etc? See where my cups are and my wires etc.
Throw your opinions at me. Starting to wonder if I should find balconette in 38DD.
Last pic is after I took it off you can faintly see red marks. So maybe that can help too.

Offline Busty

I think you’ll find that the Balconet style suits your breasts. The extra support in the bottom of the bra cup will make you feel like they are sitting on a nice shelf.

I would suggest starting with the 38 DD and then go up or down from there depending upon whether you spill out of the bra cup are still have some extra space in it.   Same thing with the band size.

Of course, always try on before you bye, and a bra fitting helps.

That pink bra looks good on you. You have breasts like a woman and need to wear a bra like a woman does.  I suggest you embrace that.   Lots of women wish they looked as good in a bra as you do 

Offline Johndoe1

It looks like your wire needs be back a little more. Breast tissue does come back under your arms farther than you think. The wire should not sit on breast tissue and I am seeing some come out of the back of the cup.  I don't see any gaping or spill out of tissue toward the front so the volume of the cups are about right. I would say try a 36D or 36DD. If the band is too tight, then sister size up to a 38C or 38D.
Remember that calculators are starting points and the particular shape of your breasts and rib cage will be the final determination of which size you wear. This is a prime example of where a professional fitting is the most beneficial. In the end the number and letter(s) in your bra are not the determining factor, it is the fit that matters. It is just trial and error at this point.
Good luck.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
I have gone for fittings. Like I said. I am starting to wonder now if they do know what they are talking about? Or the fitting was just a “yeah that looks good on you, how many you want?” Kind Of thing. I know ABWG has been praising Torid, however the one near me is in a mall and talking to them I don’t think I’d have the same experience as he did. However I don’t like ordering and returning a lot. I’d prefer to go in.
It’s just hard with who you can trust to fit you vs sell to you.

Offline Busty

Try Soma.  I don’t think he will be disappointed. Or Lane Bryant

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
First, how do you take those pictures upside down and sideways?  The bra color looks good on you but I cannot tell if the fit is perfect but it does look good.  As far as fitter go they are trained to fit women not men and our breast are not the same.We do not have the fat on the underside like women do. And don't ask the bra companies to care because we are such a small portion of the population of people that wear bras we don't count. I hate to say that but it is true.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
Pictures I noticed any time you use an iPhone they look fine on the phone. Upload and they are all upside down and other directions.

As for the fitters I just went for one yesterday after reading many reviews. She was awesome. We didn’t find anything she had, but she said that this kind of thing was normal. 2 other ladies that were there actually had the same issue as me. Wide root and shallow cup. And she said I was even bigger than them and still having issues finding a fit. Oh well, the quest continues.

hammer

Pictures I noticed any time you use an iPhone they look fine on the phone. Upload and they are all upside down and other directions.

As for the fitters I just went for one yesterday after reading many reviews. She was awesome. We didn’t find anything she had, but she said that this kind of thing was normal. 2 other ladies that were there actually had the same issue as me. Wide root and shallow cup. And she said I was even bigger than them and still having issues finding a fit. Oh well, the quest continues.

Time to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8!

Yes, you have a very common problem when it comes to fitting us men, as well as some women too! Don't give up! There is a good fitting bra out there for you!

Offline SideSet

Winner, congratulations on going in for a fitting and for even having bigger boobs than those women.  I bet they were impressed.  Keep going in and trying on in different stores and you will find what works.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Winner;  Have you ever tried a plunge pushup bra?  They are comfortable and the pads used for the pushup are very comfortable and give you the lift most of us need.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Winner;  back to the original subject.  I can wear a 36 B, 36C or 38 B depending on who make the bra.  Lace bras are no problem as long as the band is right but for cupped bras. that is a different story.  I can wear all 36B cups without support and some 36C and 38B but on others I need a little help for reasons I stated in a previous post.  I even have some 36B (?) cupped bras that the same help.  we all wish the bra companies would except a stand cup size and just concentrate on their own style of bras.

aboywithgirls

Winner, I usually wear a 36H or 38G. I was also just fitted at Nordstrom with a 34H Natori. It really depends on the bra maker and the the materials used in the band. I like a snug band. I'm always moving and reaching. Any movement of your arms or bouncing of the girls can cause your bra to shift and end up where it's no longer in a position to support the girls the way it's supposed to. This is why I recommend to get fitted. 

Offline paaul

• Posting Member
So re. the fit of your bra in the photos...
The band under the arms looks a little tight and stretched out, also going slightly upwards. I'd advise trying to lengthen the shoulder straps a bit more so the band rests horizontal, or lower down than it is right now.
Depending on what clasp you have it on (tightest or loosest) you may need to go up or down a band size; see how it goes when you've altered the shoulder straps. Bear in mind if this is an old bra which you've washed a bit, it will have stretched a bit over time.
Cup size you look absolutely fine, there is no quad-boob (which you'd get if your bra cup was too small). Also the wires are resting against your chest in the correct position. If you go up a band size from 36 to 38 then you couldn't also go up a cup size, that would effectively be +2 cup sizes from 36C. You'd have to sister size it, so 36C = 38B.
Those online calculators are not so great and definitely don't compare to trying something on.

hammer

Fittings are the only way to go! If you switch to a new style or brand of bra, get a fitting for that bra! Trying to by online is a waist time and money unless you get a fitting for the bra first then buy more online!

Offline chaos_agent

• Posting Member
  • rolling with the punches
i’m a bra newbie. here’s my limited experience.

have self measured, 38B (sister is 36C) is what the calculators come up with.

i have purchased 6 bras. t-shirt/lift type unpadded/padded, comfort, sports. all off clearance rack at walmart. some of these i bought just to see how they fit, they were cheap if they didn’t work no harm done. of these, 3 fit well, other 3, the band was tight. one with padded foam cups - 36C is really fits well and is very comfortable. but i’d never wear it in public due to padding. i have some room in the 36C/38B cups, so that’s not a problem.

seems consistent with recommendations to try ‘em on. i do have an idea how to approach sizing when i buy a real bra that’s not on clearance.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024