Author Topic: Post-Op (QUESTION!)    (Read 1865 times)

Offline PostOpHappy

• Posting Member
My nipples are kind of puffy, I'm about a week and a half post OP... and I'm kind of worried

-- My doctor told me that he left some of the gland so as to prevent the nipples from 'dipping in.'  He told me "normal people" have either gland or a subcutaneous layer behind the nipple to prevent this, since I had gland behind the nipple, he would leave some of that.

Is this true guys?  I don't want to say the doctor was wrong, but I don't feel like it makes sense that ANY gland would have to be left.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is this true guys?  I don't want to say the doctor was wrong, but I don't feel like it makes sense that ANY gland would have to be left.

POH....

Both females and males are born with the same basic breast plumbing. As I understand it, everyone has 'some' glandular chest tissue. Otherwise the chest would be concave. Many adolescent boys get Gynecomastia as a result of pubescent hormonal activity. The breast gland that they do have, enlarges/gets puffy. With many boys, that puffiness goes away when the hormones reach the propper levels. However, with some boys, their hormones do not reach propper levels and they retain the enlarged breast or puffy areolas/nipples. So you see, both sexes are born with the same breast gland. It's the hormonal balance that tells the gland to grow or not to grow.

Don't worry Dude.... it's okay to have 'some' gland.

As for your areolas/nipples being puffy, you have to give your body more time to heal. You are only a week and a half in. Give it a good 3 months before you pass judgement.

Hope this helps....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Which Doctor did you see?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024