Author Topic: Compression vests.  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Techhie

• Posting Member
  • The Best Decision I ever made! FlatChest Rules!!
Hello, I just joined this board. I am scheduled for surgery on November 1st. My PS's patient coord said the doc would request i wear a compression vest after surgery. Any recommendations for brands or types? Thanks very much for any info! Also, i have not yet looked through the various discussion boards. If there is a discussion specific to this topic, a pointer in that direction would also be appreciated. thanks!
9.0 weeks Post-Op! And talk about Excellent Results! WhewHew!!!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hey, my surgery is this wednesday, october 18  :o

anyway...my doc ordered the vests for me. are you sure your doc doesn't do the same? mine too my measurements and then ordered a couple vests and then had me come in and try them on to make sure they fit. i say check with your PS.

Offline Techhie

• Posting Member
Very Good Luck and Good Results with your surgery!!! I will check with his admin today. you are probably right on. didn't think of that. thanks!!! for your help!

Offline Techhie

• Posting Member
i have a preop on wednesday next week so i bet he will talk about that then.

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
Welcome to the boards!

When I went in June for my consultation, my PS said that they would fit me for a vest, so be sure to contact your PS and find out what they want done.  I would say that they'd HAVE to fit you, since they're the ones with all of the experience in this matter.

Anyways, good luck with the surgery!  November 1st, huh?  Man, I'm jealous...

Offline Techhie

• Posting Member
Hi Warlord.
Yep! Two weeks from tomorrow. I can hardly wait. making this month seem real long now.
I did go see my PS yesterday and they are going to fit me for a vest. i think i will get two of them. that way i can wash one while wearing the other. :) 6 weeks is a long time.

Thanks for the Luck!

DrBermant

Hello, I just joined this board. I am scheduled for surgery on November 1st. My PS's patient coord said the doc would request i wear a compression vest after surgery. Any recommendations for brands or types? Thanks very much for any info! Also, i have not yet looked through the various discussion boards. If there is a discussion specific to this topic, a pointer in that direction would also be appreciated. thanks!

This is question you should direct to your own doctor.  I prefer to use an after surgery compression vest as part of my surgical design. The specific type of vest DOES matter.  I also individually fit each of my patients with a vest before surgery and check the compression.

I typically use both a Stage One Compression Garment and a Stage Two Compression Garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 06:15:07 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Techhie

• Posting Member
DrBermant,
Thank you for your most excellent reply and information!!! These boards rule!!! :) 13 days and counting.

Offline fevfth

I'm very jealous of you all. my STUPID P.S. never mention anything about any vest. in fact, one week after the surge. his secretary ask me if he gave me anything to compress my chest. i said no and she only gave me one roll of those elastic garment to wrap around my chest. she said wrap it for 3 weeks.

I wish I did more research and go to more p.s. before surgery. I have to go online to research in order to find out there's few stage of compression vest. the people at underworks garment is very useful. in fact they gave me better advice than my p.s. assitant. after the second time follow up i mention about compression vest and then she said yeah that's good too. i have never been this disapponted, he's should be professional and should care for his patient. for those who want to do a gyno surgery please go to as many ps as possible. learn ask much ask you can.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024