Author Topic: 7 Months Post-Op  (Read 2911 times)

Offline haditdone81

Let me start off by giving a brief review of my story. I was a skinny kid, when started puberty I gained a lot of weight and the  gynecomastia came, then in high school I lost the weight but the gynecomastia stayed. I tried lifting weights, losing weight, but nothing helped. Fast forward a few years and I finally decided to have the surgery. My first stop was to this message board and I found a well known doctor who wasn't too far away. When I went to him I was somewhat put off by his attitude and extremely discouraged by what he said. He told me that my gynecomastia was due mostly to fat and loose skin and that there was really nothing he could do. He said my skin had a chewing gum consistency and that I would be a poor candidate for surgery. He said that if I had the surgery I would have to have surgery to remove loose skin as well. Since he was a well known doctor I took his word as gospel and forgot about having surgery. After a few years I then decided to check with a well known local plastic surgeon. He told me he could do the surgery and make my chest look really good. He was warm, answered all of my questions, and very available. I decided to get it done and seven months and $4,800 later I couldn't be happier. For the first summer in more than 10 years (I'm 25 now) I was able to wear just ONE shirt. I can even go swimming now. I've included some pre and post op pics and I am very pleased. If I had one thing to say about this whole experience, I would say make sure you get a second opinion no matter how much of an authority the doctor is said to be. As you can see in my case, doctors aren't always correct. Get a second opinion.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/haditdone81/

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Looks great!!  No, scratch that - it looks perfect!!  No evidence of scars anywhere!!  Who was your doctor and how much did they cost?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024