Author Topic: New user - recent op - feeling down.  (Read 1480 times)

Offline primeuser

Hi all,

New to the site. Came across it by googling.

Let me tell you about me. Always had gyno as long as I can recall. Even at junior school in the UK I can recall looking down at my chest and wondering what was going on.

Usual stuff through teenage years. Hounded at school, afraid to remove my top. Trained to exhaustion from say 19 - 30 and still had man boobs, despite anything between 500 - 2500 reps a day on my chest.

Now 35 still feel and look the same. Never had a decent foreign holiday as cant remove top. I am sure you all know how that feels and the cloud that it causes. Have not relaxed in years.

Anway, by pure chance I saw a medical documentary on TV about 150 months ago which talked about gyno and was amazed, I did not realise was a 'real deal' - I had always labelled myself as afreak. Went to local doctor who referred me to hospital. More to do with my mental health as tried to commit suicide two years ago.

Now 4 weeks post op and really cannot see any difference. I feel completely let down, heartbroken, gutted, distraught.

Really feel like ending it all as I thought this was the last chance saloon. Heck, went out and bought new shirts which wont fit. Have to go back to Doctor in a couple of weeks and will tell him my upset. Cant lie about it - but I cant see him listening. What can I do  ????? I cant keep taking time off work for repeated ops, nor can I stand the pain.....

Dont get me wrong, I was grateful for the op but when I came to my surgeon told me he decided not to remove the gland etc, just go lipo. Seems like a total waste of time, enegry and pain. Why oh why would he not remove it, he said it was there via several pre op meetings.......

Anyway, what an intro.

Sorry about that but got no one else to talk about it with :(

Prime.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 12:58:51 AM by primeuser »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
surgeons who are timid about gland removal leave a lot of people unhappy, there was a post just today about a guy who got an op in poland and had to get a revision with the nhs of all things, but he reported in happy with the outcome.  start discussing your rights to revision if however you're not seeing results in a few months. 

this may not be relevant in your case, but as a general note, recovery times vary quite a bit among individuals, they say some cases can take up to 6 or 12 months for final results, i saw one guy who took the full year here once. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024