Author Topic: Had my surgery a week ago. I'm dissapointed...  (Read 3090 times)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
 :'(

Well I had a pretty bad case and finally got a loan and went for the surgery. It was just so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. Obviously I work out like a freak for many years like many on here and my situation just got worse and worse.

So I'm 1 week post-op and I took a look at my chest. It's definitely smaller and underneath a t-shirt it's almost unnoticeable, but I am completely dissatisfied with my results. I wanted my chest to be completely flat and finally look normal and I just spent a lot of money and there's still a good amount of fat.

Damn life sucks.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
If you only had your op one week ago, it's far too early to start drawing conclusions. You probably still have a lot of swelling which will take some time to go down.

Only then can you really know. The fact that it's almost unnoticable under a t-shirt at this early stage is encouraging, however.

Just try and be patient!
etc.

Offline rcbrown23

Agree with doddy. If your only a week post, and it's already almost unnoticeable under a T, then your doing well. The swelling will continue to go down week by week.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
give it time.  how long you ask?  I don't know, but surely longer than 1 week.  you look good in a tshirt and that's a positive sign. wait, wait, wait and if it doesn't improve, don't be afraid to talk to your ps and demand answers or an explanation.

johndoe - when i was living in the projects of detroit, I knew of several dead guys by the same name.

Patience my friend. :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:52:17 PM by jc71 »

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I appreciate the encouraging words guys. Perhaps "unnoticeable" was a bit extreme because I'm remembering how horrific it was before I had the surgery. Even if it looks acceptable with a shirt that isn't enough for me though I want it to look perfect without a shirt.  :'(

Perfectionist + my physical attributes = worst combination ever.  :-[

Seriously though without a shirt on it looks awful. I'm wondering if maybe the surgeon should have given me drains or something to try and squeeze out more fat/fluid. I stressed over and over again to my surgeon that I wanted him to push it as far as possible. I don't care at all about scares, I just want to be rid of this horrible condition once and for all.

OK well sorry for the rant. I guess if it's not up to par with my expectations I can get another loan and try again with a different surgeon.  :(

Offline rcbrown23

Again...patients, patients my friend. It's only been 1 week! c'mon man, don't stress over it yet.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Again...patients, patients my friend. It's only been 1 week! c'mon man, don't stress over it yet.

^ Agreed.

"Patience" might help, too.  ;)

Offline Spleen

Yeah, you have to give it some time.  It can take months to heal up.  It's also important, though it might be a little late in your case, to have realistic expectations.  You need to know what a Doc can and can't do given your body and their tools.  

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Post some pics so we can judge. When I look at my chest now, (its nearly 1 month) to me it looks the same. But when I compare it to what it looked like with before pictures, theres a huge difference. I have also been getting comments from people saying "damn you lost a lost of weight. Your chest is small" :) :)

Its all a mental thing. You have to get use to not having a big chest. It takes time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 11:30:23 AM by vaio »
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024