Author Topic: Questions about embarassement.  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I know that most of us are or were extremely embarassed about the cincept of getting Lipo.  I've thought long and hard about how to do this without any of my roomates finding out.  
My case is quite moderate.  I am planning on taking a month off of work (Which I really can't afford) and going to my mothers house in a different town.  Then when I come back I can just say I got alot of excercise on vacation.

I want to know how many of you had to fess up when you got back from surgery to friends or loved ones.  How did they react when they found out?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are going to have the surgery while on an extended vacation as opposed to using sick leave etc. You will simply be going back to work looking more trim and fit. No one should notice nor should they require any explanation.

The embarassement that is experienced with gynecomastia is fundamentally due to the fact that each of us feels very alone in his situation.  Perhaps someday gynecomastia will be recognized in a way that the embarassement will be minimized or eliminated.  Wouldn't that be great?
Grandpa Dan

Offline rcbrown23

Just my two cents...

A few people around here have said that after the operation was over, they didn't have a problem telling people that they had surgury. They were embarrassed as hell about it before, but right after the op there was no need to be ashamed anymore and therefor they didn't have a problem telling people they had an operation. The people they told (work mostly) said "glad you got it taken care of" and shrugged it off. Just a thought.

Tell people you had to have a small operation to  "remove a lump from your shoulder" or something along those lines. Say it was a small syst or something and they wanted to remove it to be safe. Come up with some excuse if you need to. Someone just posted a pretty good excuse for the vest. He said tell people you broke a couple of ribs doing some extreme sport, and you have to wear a support vest for a few weeks. If played off right, that could even make you look cool. (I read that in another thread, just forgot who posted it.)

Use your imagination...

-Brown

Offline Spleen

You can just say you had "minor surgery" and that should be cool.  People rarely ask for an elaboration.  I'm going in for surgery in a month and I'm just gonna be honest about it.  I don't embarrass easily but that's me.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Go on "vactation" for the first week post op. After the first week, you should look normal on the outside. When you get back, tell your roomates you have a sluipped disk in you back, or torn pec muscle. That will cover for your lazyness and unwillingness to hand out.
Just sleep and rest. Its very easy to hide it from roomates. I was back at my house 4 days post op and none of my 4 roomates knew a thing.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I think eveyone's body is a bit different so you might require more than 4 days to be able to hide your condition easily. I'm a week post-op and still pretty sore but I think in 2 weeks I'll feel good as new and might not even have to wear the vest by then except maybe at night.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024