Author Topic: surgery in a few days........need to talk with someone  (Read 1914 times)

Offline lockie77

• Posting Member
Hi there! Aussie guy here, living in the UK. Im due for surgery next week and was hoping to have a chat with someone who's already had the surgery to just go over a few things as I'm pretty nervous. I'm a bit (about 7kg) overweight, so would ideally like to talk to someone who was also overweight when they had the surgery done. Is anyone out there who'd be happy to chat for a few mins? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Offline outertrial

What is it youre worried about? I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. Its nerve racking at the build up but then its over before you know it.

Offline lockie77

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply! How bad is the pain after surgery? Apparently I have to have "drains".......what do these look like? Are the concealable under clothes? How long does the swelling last? .....sorry if i sound terrified! lol

Offline outertrial

Can I ask where your having the surgery, is it NHS or private? If its private the clinic or PS should be happy to talk with you over the phone and explain whats going to happen.

Drains are plastic tubes that are inserted through the excisions in your chest and lead down to plastic bottles. Instead of blood and fluid building up in your chest after the surgery theyre expelled through these and the doctors can monitor the amount that builds up in the bottles.

I had mine out the next day at the same time as my drip but I think it depends on the individual. Some people have them in still after they leave the hospital and need to go back to have them out later. If this happens they give you little ones that can strap onto your chest somewhere.

Most people find that its sore rather than painful, if you lie quite still then its fine but when I moved around I certainly felt Id had something done. You shouldnt notice significant swelling but there is bruising associates with lipo suction.

Offline outertrial

Offline lockie77

• Posting Member
I'm actually going to Brussels to have the operation.......clinic beaucare......they were about £1500 cheaper than having it done in London. I'm having the op on wednesday morning and the drains are coming out on fri morning/early afternoon. Has anyone else been to Beaucare?

Offline outertrial

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024