Author Topic: gynecomastia on channel 4  (Read 7086 times)

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
there will be an episode of "embarrassing bodies" dedicated to gynecomastia. what are everyones thoughts on this?

GynO_DuDe

lol wicked ...

I read about it in a TV magazine ... some asian guy called Ahmed or something has the puffy nip issues but gets it sorted etc etc ... nothing that us guys on the forum dont already kno about!

Should be good on letting the country know that its nothing to die over and can be sorted!

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
yup, it was the program "my man boobs and me" that made me realise i could get help and it made me aware of this site.

The program serves 2 purposes, makes all the people who laugh at people for having man boobs realise its NOT fat and you cant lose it at the gym, and it also helps people who have the condition and didnt realise there was a way out.  whens it on?

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
It's actually on Tommorow night (Thursday) which is dedicated to men's health. Tonight's one is on women's health and last night was about breasts where they showed the asian guy (named Abdul) with gyne and said they will be showing what happened in his case on Thursday's episode, though I must say it looks like he had puffy nips, not severe gyne. Then again I can't imagine anyone with severe gyne will want to show it on TV. My thoughts? It's good that gyne is becoming more known, so that men will seek help for it and hopefully one day it will be on the NHS for everyone and hopefully the docs will be more skilled by then. But also there will be more people aware of it that will use it as an opportunity to tease. A few months back I saw a boy getting teased on the bus by other kids for having man-boobs. The kid was too young he was just fat that's all, but the word "man-boobs" are already in children's vocabulary. People at work take the piss out of chubby/fat guys they think have man-boobs. Because I'm skinny they haven't noticed me yet, even though my gyne is a bit big.
However even though the programme is called "Embarassing Bodies" for all those patients to appear on national TV and show what part is embarassing them, they really can't be that embarassed. I mean everyone and anyone can see it and people are going to know what problems they had or how they looked naked, etc. They're quite brave, but I know I wouldn't do that, not on TV anyway.

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/gynaecomastia

Abdul mentioned that his new doctor said the NHS will pay for it for free and questioned why he was going private. The thing I have just learn't after seeing my NHS consultant earlier is that you don't have a choice of Hospitals and surgeons on the NHS, you basically have to have it done at your local hospital with the surgeon assigned to you.  >:(  And in my case he was less experienced with gyne (does around 5 ops a year) and he said they're gonna leave a bit in and there will be scarring. I dunno but when it comes to this, I've heard that private surgeons such as Karidis can get rid of it all, make both sides look equal and leave minimal or no scarring. It's just gonna take a few months to save up 4K. It's unfair that we have to pay so much for something we have no control over, but it's a risk on the NHS, they could do either a good job or a bad job. :-\ While NHS surgeons may need more experience with gyne, I wouldn't want to be the "practice" patient.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:21:56 PM by WXYZ »

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
I want some of my friends to see the show so they can understand if they ever found out i had it that its not my fault, im really embarrassed about going on holiday with them i thought i would have had the op by then but i will be after i get back now.

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
It depends on how good/bad your gyne is. For those with small gyne they can usually look better is they work out. Mine is severe. I do work out/eat well, I have good muscle tone, etc. apart from the gyne, I look good naked :). Building up my pec muscles and trimming the stomach has made the gyne stick out more and look bigger and more 'perky' if you know what I mean. :-[
For cosmetic surgery I can understand people paying when they want their fat sucked out, their nose re-shaped or for women a boob job, but having breasts is something guys are not supposed to have. It affects our lives in the relationships we have, the places we go to, even the jobs we take.

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
going to the gym and losing weight made mine look far worse. mine was uneven, and one side looked toned, the other side still looked like a breast, but with extra muscle behind it. I actually kept weight on to hide it.
and i agree on the jobs we take part, i wanted to work offshore but i couldnt go through with the survival course because i didnt want to take my top off.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:09:28 PM by barclay »

Offline kingboob

'It's unfair that we have to pay so much for something we have no control over,'

Disagree,we do have SOME control over it.Get to the gym and stop eating,that will definitly help, no matter what anybody tells me.

Quote from: bkkross
My thoughts are that there will be an episode of "embarrassing bodies" dedicated to gynecomastia on tv soon.

I'm actually in it,but i don't use my real name.

Whats up with all the BS posts you are making at the moment Bk.... nothing better to do or what?

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
maybe your right ross, but also a bigger gut hides the bigger breasts. i had a perfectly flat stomach and big breasts, it looked awful. It all comes down to how much actual breast tissue there is in there, some people will look worse with weight loss, i did

Offline kingboob

maybe your right ross, but also a bigger gut hides the bigger breasts. i had a perfectly flat stomach and big breasts, it looked awful. It all comes down to how much actual breast tissue there is in there, some people will look worse with weight loss, i did

x2.... mine became more of an issue after I lost weight........   

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
loook on the users photos section there are quite a few on there mate

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
So is the gyncomastia one on tonight at 9pm, channel 4?

Offline kingboob

I thought it was all about male problems tonight.... don't know if it is 100% about gyne?   Earlier in the week there was a man having gyne surgery, pretty crap job as well IMO... although the main thing is he seemed happy with the results.

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
It's about Male Problems tonight, they showed a clip of guys getting examined by the women doctors :-[ so I take it will be mainly about Penis issues. But there is one section about a gyne sufferer named Abdul who went through surgery to remove them. They showed a bit on the one on Tuesday about breasts and said they will be following it up on Thursday's show. So let's wait and see. hopefully it'll be positive but I'm sure people are still gonna take the piss once they know about it. ::)

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
I didn't think too much of it really, felt happy for that guy but didn't really explain that it wasn't fat enough.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024