Author Topic: Are there any alternatives to surgery?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline michael93

I am 15 years old 6'5 190 lbs and have been suffering from gyno for 3 years now. I went to my doctor when it first started to appear and he confirmed that it was gyno. The problem is that my family can not afford to pay for my surgery and my insurance does not cover it. Luckily because of my size nobody has ever said anything about it to my face but I know it is noticeable. One of my friends recommended Nolvadex and said that it will cure it. It is illegal though so I don't think that is an option. Are there any other options or do I have to wait until I am old enough to pay for it myself?

This may sound really stupid but recent studies have shown that drinking large amounts of coffee can reduce breast size in women. Since gyno is female glandular tissue in men, is it possible that I will be able to drink a lot of coffee to at least make it a little bit less noticeable at least until I can afford surgery or another presents itself?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
even at your age it is highly unlikely there is anything you can take that would give you the results you are hoping for.

IMO the best course of action for you would be to see an endo, get your hormonal profile worked up and then treat for anything that is out of whack. then start saving up for the surgery

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
another case of a little bit of knowledge...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have a number of cases in which my patient did just that -- extreme exercise, weight loss and a careful diet (without estrogen-laced foods).  I have no problem with all of that.

And in every case, the patient came back two years later with the same gyne, sometimes even more accentuated because of the weight loss, and said to me "You were right -- I should have had the surgery -- I just wasted two years hoping against hope."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024