Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about Dr. Rizwan Mian in Surrey, B.C.?  (Read 12694 times)

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
I have an appointment scheduled with him on Thursday and I'm finding it very hard to find reviews on his work or anyone with gynecomastia that has had work done from him.

I know it's just a consultation, but I'm starting to get a little worried.  This procedure is probably going to be covered, if for some reason it isn't, I'll be using one of the reputable surgeons on this forum.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Also, if you know any good doctors in Vancouver that you've had PERSONAL experiences with, please let me know!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Check this out dude....

http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/96041/BC/Surrey/Mian

Mixed reviews...  :-\

Now, there is no way of checking the legitimacy of these claims, but it makes you wonder huh?

If you can't find anyone here or elsewhere that has had successful G surgery done by Dr. Mian, you might want to look elsewhere...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
I saw those reviews.  Unfortunately the mixed reviews didn't really do anything as far as giving me a positive or negative outlook towards his work. 

I guess I'll just go in and see how I feel with him?  Go with my gut feelings.

I just have basic gyno, it's nothing severe.  I'm hoping this will be a good experience because I can't live like this anymore, it's holding me back way too much in enjoying my life!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Good luck dude! ;)

Let us know how your consult goes...

GB

Offline aiden

• Posting Member

Good luck dude! ;)

Let us know how your consult goes...

GB

Will do!  I will post before and after pictures as well if I do decide to go with him.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Awesome my man... looking forward to it.

I hope you achieve the results that you are looking for...  ;)

GB

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
I just got back from the consultation.  I will be covered through Health Care but will have to pay $1400 for the liposuction involved. 

As for Dr. Mian, he seemed like a pretty nice guy, and the patients that were waiting for him seemed to have a good relationship with him.  Unfortunately there is a 4-5 month wait.

I'm also going to go for a consultation with Dr. Moh, he has a very good reputation locally for cosmetic surgery, however, he does not do surgeries that are covered.  If I feel more comfortable with him and if it's below $3000 for the surgery with him, I will likely take that route.

I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.

Offline jj024

• Posting Member
i also have an appointment with him on oct for reduction as i have small men boobs i wana get rid off under health care insurance.  is this a painful experience?  and can i go back to work after 7 days as my work does not require any lifting??  is this still gonna cost me just like u?  also please keep me posted about if he is infact a good doc or no??

thanks in advance

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
i also have an appointment with him on oct for reduction as i have small men boobs i wana get rid off under health care insurance.  is this a painful experience?  and can i go back to work after 7 days as my work does not require any lifting??  is this still gonna cost me just like u?  also please keep me posted about if he is infact a good doc or no??

thanks in advance

So I went through with the surgery with him.  Personally, I would recommend Dr. Moh.  I wasn't fully satisfied with the post-op service I received.  It was almost like he just wanted the business and didn't really care after.  When I went back after about 6 weeks I wasn't super happy with it and he said that it would take some time to see the full results.  Well over a year has gone by and I am debating going to Dr. Moh for a proper job to be done.

I feel like Dr. Mian didn't remove enough fat/tissue.  My nipples are still puffy.  When it's cold outside they look normal however, so there is definitely an improvement just not as much as I was hoping for.

Would I recommend him? Not really...would I tell you to avoid him though? No.  I recommend going in and getting a consult and go from there.  If you can afford it though, just pay for Dr. Moh to do it.  He has a really good reputation when it comes to gyno surgeries and women breast augmentation.  He's the go to boob guy seems like around here.

Offline jj024

• Posting Member
cant afford $3000 + at this time of my life... but ya i will go for consult and see what Dr Mian says. 

Is it a painful experience???  Can you tell me how your operation day was like and how everything went?

after how long can you go back to work?

i dont want anyone to find out that i went through this!!!  is it possible to hide it from the people i live with?

Once again thanks in advance for your info as we might end up using the same doc....

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
cant afford $3000 + at this time of my life... but ya i will go for consult and see what Dr Mian says. 

Is it a painful experience???  Can you tell me how your operation day was like and how everything went?

after how long can you go back to work?

i dont want anyone to find out that i went through this!!!  is it possible to hide it from the people i live with?

Once again thanks in advance for your info as we might end up using the same doc....

It's a little bit hard to hide if you're living with your family or something.  You're definitely gonna be sore and the anesthetic is gonna make you super tired / puffy eyed so you'd have some explaining to do.  Also, your chest is going to be pretty damn sensitive so you'd kind of want people around you to know so they don't bump into you or something.

It is however really easy to hide otherwise...especially with the weather coming up for our area...a sweater will hide everything pretty well.  As far as going back to work goes...again...as long as you're not gonna get chest slapped rick flare style by one of your buddies, you should be alright without anyone knowing.

Operation day was pretty straight forward...just showed up...checked in...got taken into the surg room...got put under...woke up feeling all tired and chest was numb.  They gave me a tylenol3 prescription but I'm a bit of a "tough guy" when it comes to meds...I only take them if I absolutely need to and honestly the pain was bareable.

Sleeping at night is a little tough...can only lay on your back for the first few days...even laying on your side hurts a bit...being a stomach sleeper...that really sucked for me.

Let me know if you got any other questions.  I get updates directly to my email for this thread so will reply within the day if not instantly.

Cheers!

Offline jj024

• Posting Member
hey thanks for quick reply...

Do you think taking 7 days off of work is good enough?  i work retail and cant take that many days off

Im planning to tell only 1 friend of mine whos gonna be with me on operation day and gonna drive me home.  I can probably go home get some extra sleep so parents dont figure out what i went through... what do u think of my plan?? lol

how many days did u have to wear ur vest?

was swelling an issue in ur case? and do i have to worry about it after?

how long after did u go back to gym??  as i wana go back to gym and work on my body as only one body part that i could never bring back to normal was my chest!!!  (boobs)

im also planning to search for another doc who can do this under the health care insurance.  there must be some one else so i can compare his services with dr mian.   what do u think?

thanks....

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
you may or may not be able to return to work after 7 days. it really depends on the severity of your gyne and how much hes going to need to take out. from my standpoint, i had mine done under local anesthesia on a friday and had the weekend off to rest from work. i resumed my school week on monday until now. it is tough getting around and doing things so it may be hard hiding it from your family at home, theyll be curious why youre doing things slow or why youre in pain and limited movements if you know what i mean. so you MIGHT, be able to return to work but dont quote me for it. im going back to work tommorow and i work at a restaurant. my soreness subsided pretty fast, did not get a hemotoma, no apparent swelling, etc.

i have to wear the vest and foam pads that go on top of the nipples for 3 weeks. the foam pads come off after 6-7 days, BUT, this may vary between different surgeons and of course the severity of your gyne.

go ahead and compare between different doctors of how they treat you, price, theyre concern for you, etc. if it dont feel right dont do it. try to research reviews or history on your doc if you can as well it will help on your decision. make sure you are confident in who you choose, you'll regret it if you just rush it.

my doc said i can start light cardio second week, and work back into training the 3rd week, BUT LIKE I SAID, it all depends on your severity of gyne and your recovery process.

if anything open up to your family about it. it may sound hard but you could develop a stronger relationship and they could have a better understanding. if you cant say it, write it! letters or emails can be so much more effective and can be taken more seriously if your parents are stubborn or ignorant about it.

good luck to you and your decision and ask away if you have questions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024