Author Topic: Surgery at the end of August  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
I am finally having the surgery at the end of the month. I have had this problem for about nine years. I am now 29 years old. My surgery estimate is for $3700.

1. My gyne isn't very noticable even with a pretty small t-shirt on, so shouldn't the surgeon be able to make my chest almost completely flat?

2. Does anybody know if Medicare will cover this procedure? The surgeons office said they won't know until after the procedure is completed and they submit the bill.

3. About how long after the surgery will I be able to go without a shirt on in public?

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
You should be asking your doctor/surgeon these questions.

If your surgeon makes your chest completely flat then you have a good surgeon.  It really depends on his technique and expertise.

Don't know about Medicare but you should have checked that out already if you're having surgery soon.

You want the scars to heal before you go back out in the sun.  I've heard at least 2 to 3 months.  

My advice to you is get to know your surgeon a little bit more.  Check out before and after pics if he has any.  Post his name and see what type of feedback you get.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 11:11:04 AM by Blitz »

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
Shouldn't he be able to make it flat assuming he is reasonably skilled in this procedure? He has done it many times according to his office.

Most people here seem to say it was noticable with a t-shirt on, so about how flat did it become afterwards?

I had a left-breast biopsy recently to check for cancer. Anybody think this might help with insurance paying for some or all of the surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024