Author Topic: My Surgery Completed 8th July: Pics Inc  (Read 9263 times)

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Hi All, had my surgery with Dr Norris on Monday 8th July 2013 at Bondi Private and now its been 5 days and have managed to come on and write this.

So first of all I had a severe case of gyno from childhood so Dr Norris told me he would be doing lipo/gland removal and areola/skin reduction if need be during the operation if he thought it was necessary, which it was.

So went into hospital, great staff, they showed my room told me to get changed etc. Anesthetist came in told me what he was going to do and then the Dr came in and marked my chest. Then I walked to the operating table and was injected and thats all I remember :)

Woke up feeling very nocious and sore. Dr said everything went well and they took out alot more fat than anticpiated. Was very sore and in pain from underarms but left the hospital 3 hours later. Dr gave me antibiotics and Panadeine Fort to take over the next week.

First 2-3 days I could not get out of bed without someone helping me up. Was very sore and tight and found it hard to sleep. The pills are great for making you relaxed and pretty much off your face, but they made me felt miserable.

Had a post op appointment 2 days after and Dr Norris checked me for swelling etc and said everything was fine. Had a shower 3 days after my surgery and I can say that was the worst bit, had to sit down and saw everything for the first time. Some bruising and bandages on nipples but otherwise looks good.

Now its 5 days and im finding that i can get up bymyself, move around and do things now. I should be able to drive in the next few days. Taking my antibiotics but off the pain killers because they made me feel like crap! The vest is very annoying but needs to stay on for best results! Dont have surgery in SUMMER people!  

Have another appointment on Wednesday to check out progress and I guess removal of stitches? But was wondering are they dissolvable stitches or do they need to be removed? anyone know?

Any questions, feel free to message me
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:47:53 AM by EY2012 »

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Congrats EY2012,
congrats on the surgery and you will continue to improve over the weeks. A great portion of the recovery is mental and learning to accept your new look.

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
and yeah as for he stiches, the ones around my aereola are dissolvable, the ones under the armpit are not, he took them out after 1.5 week

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
thanks MATE, wow did the stitches hurt?

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Not at All actually. The hardest bit is when he takes the bandages of your chest for the first time, they stick pretty well

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Hey all, now 2.5 weeks post surgery and everything is going well. Still some swelling/bruising and soreness but that will apparently continue for another 2 weeks or so. The vest can get a bit annoying sometimes but you do get use to it. I have just recently started sleeping on my side again and am happy about that.

Scar treatment will start next week and ill keep updating after that. Ask any questions if need be..

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
exactly 4 weeks post op and im wearing the vest during nights now and have the silicone patches on all the time. It's good to get rid of the vest but it feels like im missing that "security" layer now. Bruising has gone and scar under both arms are pretty invisible, there is still swelling but that should be gone soon enough.

Offline floppies

• Posting Member
Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

How many appointments after surgery, and over what time period, did you all have?  I am hoping to get the procedure done last week in October then fly off to Thailand for a month and sip cocktails around a pool all day whilst recovering.  I'll stay in Oz for a week after surgery but then plan to head off.  Any views?  Should I stay longer in Oz.  I expect to be away for a month.

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
I had an appointment every week after my surgery for a month.. then every 2 weeks, now its every 6 weeks. I suggest you stay in Australia atleast 2 weeks after your operation

Offline floppies

• Posting Member
You mentioned you got skin reduction at time of procedure.  How is that going?

I've heard that it is usually best to leave the skin reduction for a few months to see how the skin settles.  What is your skin reduction scarring like?  Obvious?

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Dr Norris had said that he would do a skin reduction/areola reduction if and only if he found it fit during the surgery. He based this this decision based on how my skin retracted etc and he got my consent to do it as well.

I had quite a large areola so I was wanting the reduction so I didn't ever hesitate to take my shirt off again. Regarding scarring, there is a very vague red/brown line around the entire areola but its fading day by day and it should be pretty much invisible within 6 months. I have a hairy chest so that helps, and I constantly apply bio oil for best results

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Some before pictures..

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Ok these are my after photo's!!! Let me know what you guys think

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
The areola shots are close to show my skin/areola reduction. The redness has gone down and will continue to do so hopefully..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024