Author Topic: Torrid sizing  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
How’s Torrid sizing using the ABTF’s calculator? Thinking of trying their online ordering for one of their sports bras. Thanks ahead of time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:24:12 PM by Traveler »

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
ABTF sizes me at a 42 d/dd and that's far from accurate for me. A 42b fits me well so far. I have a few from torrid in 42b and they fit me well.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thanks! I’ll wait a little to see if anyone else chimes in but maybe a C? Did you get the sport bras with the underwire?

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I want one of their underwire sports bras but they only go down to a 42c. I got a regular styled bra from them in 42b and its very comfortable.

aboywithgirls

I find the Torrid sizing is generous. The band is really true to size and very comfortable. Look at the 360 smooth bra collection. Very comfortable. You may end up going with a 42DD instead. 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Ordered two bras that showed up today. ABWG was totally correct in that the band size was perfect and the cups generous. Got a front clasp tee shirt bra and a full coverage 360 bra in 42 D.  The tee shirt bra fit perfectly, my left breast is about a half cup larger than my right and you could see a little bit of my left one poof out while the right had just a little room at the top. Beautiful bra but just too much projection for my comfort. The full coverage 360 also fit my left well but the right dimpled at the top. If you don’t mind showing off your assets Torrid is a quality shop.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:10:56 PM by Traveler »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Here’s a pic of me in the 42 D tee shirt front clasp bra with a layering tank (XL) by Torrid. Love it but my wife and I aren’t that out there. 😏

Offline Johndoe1

Looks very good and supportive. Looks like it fits you very well and should be very comfortable.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thank you John, but I just can’t see wearing it out of the house. Any recommendations for a front closure that doesn’t have so much projection? I’m into the three C’s, comfort, corralling and concealment.  

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
Looks comfortable.   The first time out of the house with a bra on is always the toughest.   Put on an oversized shirt and go for it.   You can do it!!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Looks comfortable.  The first time out of the house with a bra on is always the toughest.  Put on an oversized shirt and go for it.  You can do it!!
I have been out several times wearing a bra! The Bali comfort minimizer and a Wacoal sports bra.
Had one couple notice me while they had a good side view when I was standing in line, the woman gave me a big grin. Both those bras give me a smaller projection while being comfy. This bra puts them to shame though, i want to keep it, it’s just too out there.

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
Oh ok.  I understand what you mean.  I have a Demi cup padded bra I bought on clearance for $10 a while ago.  I usually wear unlined bras because I don’t want to add on to what I already have.  I decided to wear it for the first time the other day.  I’m a 40C in this bra.  Yes, it felt like I was out there, but it was comfortable.  I didn’t get any looks that I know of.  I can’t hide C cup breasts, but I can shape them and be comfortable.  I think it will take you time to get there.  No rush and no worries.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:20:11 AM by curiousk »

Offline Johndoe1

Thank you John, but I just can’t see wearing it out of the house. Any recommendations for a front closure that doesn’t have so much projection? I’m into the three C’s, comfort, corralling and concealment. 
I understand the anxiety. I know the anxiety. Being 38DD, I too can have a projection issue. I basically wear clothing that doesn't emphasize my breasts. They are still there, just not as noticeable.

The layering tank you are wearing in the photo is form fitting and fitted for women and so it will emphasize your breasts by nipping in at the waist. I do wear women's layering tanks but use them as a smoothing garment under men's tops to smooth out any visable bra lines under non form fitting tops, not as an outer garment like women might wear it and if I do wear it like an outer garment, it's only around the house.

Take small steps. Wear it out when you know you will be in places no one will know you and see how people react. 99% won't give you a glance and if anyone does, they won't say anything anyway. Then wear it more often into places you might run into someone you know and keep adding. That's what I did and I have not had an issue. Minimizer bras may also be something to look into as well.

There are many of us successfully going through our day being fully supported and contained wearing a bra. Don't push it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I understand the anxiety. I know the anxiety.

There are many of us successfully going through our day being fully supported and contained wearing a bra. Don't push it.
Thank you! I get it, baby steps. I’ve been wearing a bra daily for just over a week, still checking people to see if they’re checking me out. I gotta just relax. I’ve accepted the need for a bra, now I gotta accept occasionally getting noticed. Probably harder when you’ve got double D’s so I appreciate your experience.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Here’s a pic of me in the 42 D tee shirt front clasp bra with a layering tank (XL) by Torrid. Love it but my wife and I aren’t that out there. 😏
With a D cup, how do you expect to hide what you have?  Wearing a too small, form fitting shirt like the pic, no wonder you project.  I wear a XL Tee and I show some, and I'm only a 38B  underwire bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024