Author Topic: puffy scars  (Read 2349 times)

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Hello,
I'm 3 weeks post op, the the tape covering my scars has fallen off so I can actually see them.  They look really weird.  For lack of better words I'd have to describe the scar lines as really puffy, lumpy,  and hard.  It looks kinda gross.  Moreso on the left than the right.  Is this normal for this stage?

DrBermant

Hello,
I'm 3 weeks post op, the the tape covering my scars has fallen off so I can actually see them.  They look really weird.  For lack of better words I'd have to describe the scar lines as really puffy, lumpy,  and hard.  It looks kinda gross.  Moreso on the left than the right.  Is this normal for this stage?

Three weeks after surgery is very early.

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor or someone you see for a second opionion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
i hate these kinda post lol......

my sister got keloids at a yougn age so she cant have earrings

i cut myself once pretty deep once when i was younger an have a keloid scar its real small now but still there....if i got surgery....aw man dont wanna think about it

im so 50/50 on livin with this minor issue

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
Bignip, darker skinned people (like you and me) are usually more prone to hypertrophic or keloid scars.  I developed some hypertrophic scars on my chest from liposuction that are still there over a year post-op.  There is also some hyperpigmentation where the surrounding skin of the incision sites became darkened.  Some dermatologists have recommended Lustra to me but after using it for a bit, my skin started to have an adverse reaction and I feared orichinosis (sp?) which can happen to dark skinned people after treatment where there is a gradual blue-black darkening of the skin.  I stopped the treatment.

It sucks since I'm not exactly sure how an areola scar would show up on me whenever I get a revision.  That's why I'm hoping some surgeons (like Lista) will perfect their armpit excision technique.  There are some on here (mostly white people) whose areola scars are virtually non-existent (check out Grandpa Bambu's pics... it's amazing that you can't see any incision lines so shortly post-op).  People need to be warned that not all surgeries around the areola will result in such an invisible scar sometimes.

I guess being brown or black in terms of skin tramua really sucks :(.  By the way, have you noticed this type of reaction on your body?  You mentioned the keloid you still have... is it still dark around the scar and noticeable?

you pretty much sealed my decision, damn. an yea ive thought about this before.

i rather deal with my puffy nips then have keloid scar around my nips an discoloration......i mean sucks my case is minor but still, that would looks terrible

all i can do is stay fit an get a lean physique

Offline babble

• Posting Member
boys, talking to each other isn't exactly helping me out here.   I'll post a pic and you can let me know if you think that's it.  I'm paled skinned, and have had stitches before, without any keloid or hypertrophic scars.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024