Author Topic: Ages and Locations anybody?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline TheBlob

Ok I'm new to this website so first of all Hi Everybody

What age can gynecomastia be dealt with?
I'm 16(going on 17 in 3 1/2 months) and have had this crap for about a little less the 6 years and its been at a consistent size for about 4 years.

I'm really considering surgery since my condition cant be treated w/ meds and I'm just plain sick of as I'm sure most guys are with this.
I've looked up two doctors on this website that are fairly close to my location.
Just wondering if any of you can suggest qualified surgeons that are in the Southern California region and are qualified for the surgery and are willing to operate on me?

It's pretty severe, I mean I'm not fat, but about a medium build 6'0''.
Answers to my questions?
Or any suggestions?

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
With parent's permissions, i say you're a good candidate for surgery. I'm 15 and going for surgery, had gyno for 7 years. I've heard someone as young as 12 going for surgery. There are PLENTY of good surgeons in south cali. take a look at the list here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/surg_listing/surgeons.php

just choose CA in the scroll box and u will have 5 surgeon's listings.

Offline TheBlob

Thats good to here because my doctor was telling me to wait until 21 because of the possiblity it can get worse or regrow after surgery.
He even told me that no insurance would cover it and that no one would operate on someone before 21 that i should go to Tijuana because they would only be willing to.
He scared the shit out of me.

But dammit I'm tired it and surgery is really the only option.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Well, He was right about the insurance. Coverage is possible but highly unlikely.

As to the rest of what you conveyed, You should have no trouble finding a well qualified surgeon if you have parental permission and your condition is as stable as you have indicated.

See another Doctor.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Ok I'm new to this website so first of all Hi Everybody

What age can gynecomastia be dealt with?
I'm 16(going on 17 in 3 1/2 months) and have had this crap for about a little less the 6 years and its been at a consistent size for about 4 years.

I'm really considering surgery since my condition cant be treated w/ meds and I'm just plain sick of as I'm sure most guys are with this.
I've looked up two doctors on this website that are fairly close to my location.
Just wondering if any of you can suggest qualified surgeons that are in the Southern California region and are qualified for the surgery and are willing to operate on me?

It's pretty severe, I mean I'm not fat, but about a medium build 6'0''.
Answers to my questions?
Or any suggestions?

Being patient helps, in most cases puberty gynecomastia goes away on its own. Gynecomastia that has not resolved by two years typically does not go away. 

Check out my Teenage Gynecomastia Gallery.  Here you can find pictures before and after my gynecomastia surgery performed on teenagers and adolescent males.  The small image here will link to its much larger image - you can click on the details about this patient, the problem, surgical solutions, and results.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024