Author Topic: Recent surgery with dr lista  (Read 6878 times)

Offline coco

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I just did my surgery with dr lista yesterday. Noticed skin around nipple is a little loose. Can I expect the skin to tighten up? Is this a common thing.
Thanx

Offline coco

• Posting Member
Anybody? As well, how long do I have to wear the padding under the vest, cuz it makes things more uncomfortable .
Thanx

Offline thisischris

• Posting Member
I would assume if you are wearing a compression vest things would tighten up as you heal. Better to ask the Doc tho.

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I just did my surgery with dr lista yesterday. Noticed skin around nipple is a little loose. Can I expect the skin to tighten up? Is this a common thing.
Thanx

Yes the skin has to retract, it takes time.  You are also swollen.

Offline coco

• Posting Member
Iam now 3 wks postop. Not much change. Still able to grab at my chest and shake it.
Is this still skin that has to retract . Iam seeing lista on mar 11, should be interesting to see what his opinion is. Still feel like upper part of chest is fatty, so worried if enough was actually removed, hence my other post about his revision surgery lol.
Do I need to still wear the foam padding under the vest , or can I just wear the vest. Little conflicted b/c at 1 wk f/u nurse said to wear till see lista (4 wks) while his partner dr Ahmed said I could stop after another week and just continue with vest only.

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Iam now 3 wks postop. Not much change. Still able to grab at my chest and shake it.
Is this still skin that has to retract . Iam seeing lista on mar 11, should be interesting to see what his opinion is. Still feel like upper part of chest is fatty, so worried if enough was actually removed, hence my other post about his revision surgery lol.
Do I need to still wear the foam padding under the vest , or can I just wear the vest. Little conflicted b/c at 1 wk f/u nurse said to wear till see lista (4 wks) while his partner dr Ahmed said I could stop after another week and just continue with vest only.

I wore padding and the vest until my 4 week appt with Lista when he told me I could stop wearing both of them.  That was a very, very happy day lol. 

Wait and see what he says to you.

Offline coco

• Posting Member
So I had my 1 month f/u with lista yesterday . I adressed to him that there's still shaking of skin when I lean forward or press my chest together, but ok when Iam straight. His reply, was that tthe purpose of the surgery was to improve how u look when ur standing only and if I had adressed to him that before , he would have said not to do the surgery. Does that make sense . There shouldn't be any form of gyne in any type of position?said to cont massaging till I see him in 4 months and that I'm about 1/2 improved so far and need to Waite a yr. what you guys think.not the answer I was looking 4.

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
Hey there

I am at 3 months post op. I know the feeling thinking it could have been better...but the reason I am posting is to tell you, in my case, there was a big difference on how it looked at 1 month and at 2 months (for the better). I found that some exercise after the 6th week really moved things along.

So many factors are involved with the outcome of this surgery, I feel that this forum may give some false hope. Lets be strait here, the doctor removed a chunk of your chest, it is what it is.

I did not go to your doc, nor do I know him. You can't do anything till you see him next anyways, and even then, docs don't consider revision till about a year post-op.

My advice... check your diet, little light exercise (after the doc clears it), and try not to sweat it.

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
So I had my 1 month f/u with lista yesterday . I adressed to him that there's still shaking of skin when I lean forward or press my chest together, but ok when Iam straight. His reply, was that tthe purpose of the surgery was to improve how u look when ur standing only and if I had adressed to him that before , he would have said not to do the surgery. Does that make sense . There shouldn't be any form of gyne in any type of position?said to cont massaging till I see him in 4 months and that I'm about 1/2 improved so far and need to Waite a yr. what you guys think.not the answer I was looking 4.

Your skin issue isn't "gyne", the gyne is the excess tissue (and fat) that has now been removed. Now you have to give your skin time to retract and swelling to go away.  Wait a few months and see, the difference after 3 months for me was dramatic (in a good way!).

Offline coco

• Posting Member
So you think there will still be improvement ? Iam finding that when I massage , it's still tender, is that scar tissue?
Thank

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
the difference after 3 months for me was dramatic (in a good way!).

After 3 months, how much did your chest change for the better? I know the docs keep saying "up to a year" but I took that with a grain of salt...but I am still changing.

and for coco. 3 month for me and altho I am pain free now (accept when massaging hard), I am still have the frozen feeling in spots, took two month easy to stop hurting. Again I suspect everyone is different, every operation is different, and everyone heals different.

Thanks for sharing

Offline coco

• Posting Member
Is it continuing to flatten? Who did urs?

Offline coco

• Posting Member
heres my pic pre op

Offline coco

• Posting Member
heres my pic today post op about 6 wks .Surgery was done feb 10.
what you guys think? will it flatten more or did I get by screwed by lista.Left side looks more fatty.

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm six months postop and I very happy with Dr.Lista. IT does take time as I found out myself to completely heal from surgery. I see a big improvement in your photos. Like other people have said before just now concentrate on diet and hitting the gym when you get the ok. Took about 4 months after surgery before all of my swelling was gone and now I'm happy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024