Author Topic: Effects of hormonal therapy and weight distribution?  (Read 4027 times)

Offline shen

• Posting Member
I've commented on my situation in a couple posts so far...

Has anyone here undergone (for any reason) hormonal therapy/treatment for a gynecomastia related issue and noticed any changes with their body fat? I just had surgery done yesterday, so the gyne is gone, but I have always had a female-body type that I believe is related to my hormonal levels. After I recover from the surgery, I'm going to an endocrinologist to get the levels checked out.

Assuming I do have an imbalance, two questions: 1) Will hormonal therapy possibly "level out" my body fat (from a thigh/hip distribution to a normal male distribution) and 2) would hormonal therapy have any possibility of bringing back the gynecomastia?

Offline alane

• Posting Member
I never stayed on HRT that long to notice any fat distribution, but I didn't like the way it made me feel so I stopped within 3 weeks. Although I thought I was more energetic about some things, but it contributed to bad mood swings.

Offline kingboob

If you are low on testosterone or too high on estrogen then it could well make your body shape a bit female like.

Testosterone replacement treatment/therapy (if you need it) would change this over time, especially if you combine it with exercise and diet changes.

However it could just be they way you are programmed to store fat - we are all different after all.

You should not get mood swings on TRT if the dose is correct and is being given little and often... watch out for large injections once a month which will create large swings in testosterone levels (from too high to too low), causing issues with mood swings.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024