Author Topic: Amazing Experience w/ Endocrinologist in Los Angeles Would recommend to anyone  (Read 3618 times)

Offline justahandfull

• Posting Member
I saw an endo doctor today in Los Angeles. His name was Dr. Run Yu and I can't describe how great of an experience it was. The staff was extremely friendly, the wait was short, and more importantly, Dr. Yu was great. We spent just over an hour talking about my condition and background, including family, adolescence, and lifestyle. After that he gave me a physcial exam, confirmed my gyne was coming back(I am 3 months post op), and scheduled lab work for tomorrow morning. After having a disappointing experience with my surgery, this was a big boost. He also mentioned the gyne could be controlled/prevented with medication, which would be determined when the lab work came back. Again, I recommend him to anyone and definitely go to an endocrinologist before your surgery...no matter what the PS says. My experience should be something to learn from.

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
Thanks, man.  I appreciate your post.

I have an endo appt in August.  Hope my appt goes as well as yours.  I was actually referred to one from my primary care physician because of elevated prolactin levels before I even found this site and started learning about the endocrine system's affect on this condition.  I feel more armed with information to ask them when I go.  From your experience, do you have any recommendation of things to ask about during the consult with the endo?

Offline justahandfull

• Posting Member
great normexcept, i'm glad i could help you. if you're in the LA area though, i would go see Dr. Yu. He was really good, and I'm not trying to sell him. I have zero affiliation with him.

Basically, I would answer the doctor's questions as honestly as possible...do not hold anything back during the interview. That's what I did, and hopefully it's gonna lead to this problem finally going away. Because in my case, the gyne's come back; I'm 3 months post op.

good luck with that appointment

Offline elernie

Did you have to get a referral from your primary doctor to see him? Do you have his number to make an appointment?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024