Author Topic: 1 year post-op... not happy  (Read 6215 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Okay, I know I've stated this before, but others had the opinion that my surgery was "succesful." maybe it was just the pic that i posted, so here are a few others which more clearly show the puffy nipples that I still have. They are slightly better than before surgery, but not by much. after looking at them closely i am now convinced that they have only improved by about 20-35% or so. i am definitely not pleased with these results and will be looking to have a revision with my doc, who happens to be a very popular PS recommended and used by folks on this forum.

so, here are the pics... let me know what you guys think? keep the faith...

ps... the pics are kind of crappy because i compressed them down for our dial-up folks ;)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Can you post (or re-post) pics from a bit further out, to provide context? Did you get lipo and excision?

Oh, could you also PM me the name of your surgeon, just out of interest really.
etc.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
could you please name the surgeon, many people here havent yet had the operation, so please tell us who the surgeon is. Its hard to tell without before pics and more focused shots. Sorry you are unhappy, we all wish for a one time fix. Im sure you cans till get more refinment though.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hey guys, thanks for your opines. i'm gonna keep the doctor's name out of it until i figure out what he is gonna do. i have a strong feeling that he is gonna do a complimentary revision on me. i have an appt to go see him in a few weeks. his schedule is always booked like mad!
after feeling around with my fingers i don't think he got all of the gland out. the nurse there told me that some guys just have puffy nipples. well, i didn't buy that because i know how physics work and i know that for every condition there is an underlying cause... whether natural or not.
all i'm going on is that the doc said i would be FLAT... well, i'm not FLAT and so i am holding him to his word.
if he tells me that there is nothing more that he can do for my puffy nipples then i will ask him if he will offer me a refund if i find another PS who is able to make it FLAT. does that sound like a reasonable request? i don't want to be a bad patient, but i am not made of $$ and just want the result that i paid for and was promised. that seems fair to me.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
changemylife, thanks for your response.

However, quite a few people on these forums have received a "less than desireable" result. It isn't uncommon for the PS to offer a revision at no charge.
Even this PS that I used, when I called them about this, said "no problem, the doctor can fix that."
So, I am of the persuasion that they are going to do a revision if my condition warrants one.
The reason I don't want to drop the name of the PS is because

1) they have been terrific up until this point
2) they will probably end up doing the complimentary revision
3) dropping his name might give him a bad rap when it is uncalled for

I understand that with PS there can be a wide variety of results. I also understand that the PS is the expert, not me, and when I am told by the expert that I will be FLAT I take that as a guarantee... that's surely how it was offered.

The thing about the refund was only to press the PS a little more about a decision NOT to do a revision. If they end up telling me that it cannot be fixed, then they have nothing to lose by the deal. If it CAN be fixed then they surely should be doing it. That's all.
I don't want to make it more than it is. I have confidence in this PS and in the integrity of his office. I fully believe that I will be happy at the end of the day.
If they end up not assisting me in this then, by all means, I will let the board know so they can take this into account if they are considering using him for their op.

Meanwhile, if anyone is planning on having the op in the Ventura area (So Cal), and you want to know who this PS is just for the sake of knowing, then PM me and I'll tell you. I just don't want the PS to be stigmatized unfairly for something that hasn't even happened yet. Knowdamean?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 11:06:22 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline lmarcom

Yes, you definitley need to see your PS again.  Did you have just lipo?  Seems like it.  You need to have some gland excised.  I am in the same boat.  Had UAL and it did improve the contour of my chest about 75% and I'm very close to being happy.  However, I do have gland on one side that still needs to be excised and I am still waiting for some fluid to dissipate I think (UAL is kind of a pain as far as speed of healing).

However, while many people aren't thrilled with the results you have to understand that UAL is MUCH less invasive so many surgeons try just lipo first.  If you have any significant gland at all though, probably best to skip straight to the excision.

For the poster a couple spots above, ALMOST ALL plasitic surgeons will waive their fee on a revision.  It's actually figured into the cost of surgery for most because revisions are fairly common.  If you do it in a hospital you will usually need to pay the anesthesiologist again though.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.  As soon as I can get my pre-op photos from my doc I'll post them and some post op photos here.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
lmarcom, thanks for your reply.

My PS did excision & UAL. I can definitely feel where he excised the gland out. The left side it feels like it is almost all gone (a big dip/crater where there used to be a big ball/disc). The right side feels almost a little flat (definitely not cratered), so I know not as much was taken from that side. That side is the one that is still way too puffy. The other one is puffy too, but not as much.

I will be seeing my PS again in a couple of months (his schedule is always backed up).

I look forward to seeing your pics. Where do you live? Who did your op? You can PM the info if you don't want to post it.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Okay, guys. In response to the request to upload another photo from farther out... here we go. It's hard for me to get one too far away cuz I gotta hold the camera  :)

What do you think about this? I have fairly muscular pecs from gym-time so the nips look extra bad at the end of them.

For reference I'm about 14 months post-op.

Gine2D

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

Offline Spleen

I've never seen your before so I don't know what the difference is compared to pre-op, but I think you look pretty good.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I know it aint full-blown gyne anymore, but is it too much to want to have flat areolas like the doc said I would?

I never had a really fat chest, although the doc did do some lipo. My main complaint was gland. That is what drove me to the surgeon. I wish I had pre-ops for you to compare.

Maybe I'll post a "white T-shirt" pic so you can see what I mean.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
1. are your shoulders hnaging forward or pulled back in that shot ?

2. Is the chest/breast shape too much for you also, or is it only the nipples and nothing else ?

... and the saga continues

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
tony, the chest/breast shape is due to pec development. I have no problem with that and I like having pecs.

My problem, like many others, is that of gland underneath the areolas causing them to puff out. Add that onto the end of a set of developed pecs and you get "headlights" whenever you wear a T-shirt.

Not the biggest deal, I know, but my goal was to not have 2 little humps for the shirt to hang off of. You'll see it clearly when I post a white T-shirt photo.

I just don't want my nipples to be the first thing that everyone notices when I wear a light colored or thin T-shirt.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks for taking the time to responsd  :)

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
if i had nipples like that after surgery it would bother me..

most of the problem with gyne for me was the puffy nips...if the nips were tense they were fine..after my surgery last week..they are no longer puffy at all, hopefully it stays that way

so Stillgot it, no, it's not that bad, but if it was me, i would definitely try to get a revision...

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
toronto, thanks for the feedback. I agree with you 100%. although it isn't the worst case ever, it still isnt' what I paid for.

I'll let you all know how the revision goes.

Take care!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024