Author Topic: Gyne @ 41 Yrs...  (Read 20092 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey there...

I am 41 (today), 210 Lbs. standing at 6'0'' and have what looks to be a moderate case of Gyne. I developed Gyne when I was approx 10 years old. Thats 31 years of living with the condition. Recently, I saw a television show on Gyne and Gyne reduction/removal. I started searching on the Net and found this Website and a local PS ( Lista ) who I have contacted to set up a consultation. Hold it... Scratch Lista... ( no OHIP coverage ). Will have to contact Dr. Fielding. I can manage $500 - $1000 for the Lipo part of the surgery. Besides, my Gyne is mostly gland ( I think ) and Dr. Lista, from what I have read, mainly does Lipo. Anyways, I have sent Dr. Lista an email and will discuss an excision procedure with him ( if he replys to the email ).

I have read many of your testemonials and can relate totally! Especially my teen years. The teasing, tauting, staring. Having to refuse pool parties and beach outings. When I did go swimming ( occasionally ), I would have to wear a shirt. Having to cover up ( even in hot weather ) with coats/jackets and multiple layers of shirts. I often dread spring/summer for the thought of having  to shed my sweat shirt/tight T-shirt. I read one post where the author wore tight T-shirts with button down shirts over top. Been there, done that. Still to this day, I get teased about my Gyne. People can be very cruel at times!

Anyways, here is a link to my 'Before' and 'After' pics:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bambu@rogers.com/album?.dir=/4efc&.src=ph&.tok=phyrvPCBZ_Dlx7LB
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 07:14:16 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline unsure

• Bronze Member
bad link

try again

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Link updated....

Should work now....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:53:12 AM by Bambu »

Offline pecs_r_us

• Posting Member
Looks alot like mine, I'm scheduled for Surgery Nov. 30th.  I'm starting to get worried.  I have been thinking about getting this done for 5 years.
I can't believe the day is coming.  I hope it comes out fine.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Looks alot like mine, I'm scheduled for Surgery Nov. 30th.  I'm starting to get worried.  I have been thinking about getting this done for 5 years.
I can't believe the day is coming.  I hope it comes out fine.

Hope your surgery goes well for you!

Is your ins. co. covering the proceedure?

Until recently when I saw a television show on Gyne, I never even thought about removal. I thought I would have to be disfigured for life. But now there is hope! I wonder if O.H.I.P. will cover the proceedure. Hopefully they will as I am way, way past puberty and looks mostly glandular to me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 07:56:12 AM by Bambu »

Offline mysterio

• Posting Member

I wonder if O.H.I.P. will cover the proceedure. Hopefully they will as I am way, way past puberty and looks mostly glandular to me.

If you go with Lista, OHIP will not cover it.  He works in a private clinic. You need to go to a doctor that operates in a hospital (like Dr. Fielding) to get it covered by OHIP.  The difference works out to around $4000.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If you go with Lista, OHIP will not cover it.  He works in a private clinic. You need to go to a doctor that operates in a hospital (like Dr. Fielding) to get it covered by OHIP.  The difference works out to around $4000.

Thanks for the Heads-Up! I will contact Dr. Fielding to arrange a consultation. I hope that the wait period for surgery will not be too long. 31 years with Gyne is long enough.

I have learned so much in the past few days about Gyne it's really amazing! The Net is such an awesome information tool.

Thanks again for the info....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:55:27 AM by Bambu »

Offline FB

• Silver Member
hey Bambu,

I am 39 years old and recently had the surgery with Fielding. Like you, I found this website and read it top to bottom to find out that Lista and Fielding were the only ones to go with in Ontario...actually there is another PS in Toronto that is good as well but I can't recall the name now..anyways, it all happened very quick from the time I found this site to booking a initial appointment to booking the surgery date (all within a month)
My condition is/was almost the same as yours and I no longer have this condition + you would never know that I had surgery let alone gyne. My cost was $1070.00 tax in - OHIP covers the incision and hospital costs, you pay the lipo portion, that can range from 500.00 - 1070.00

pm me if you have any questions.

cheers,
FB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Well, my consultation with Dr. Fielding is today at 4:45. Will let ya's know what he has to say.

Later...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 08:24:38 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Just had my consultation with Dr. Fielding. He is such a nice guy!  Very easy going and made me feel at ease.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Feb. 16th. My cost: $1280. Dr. Fielding says that my Gyne is larger than most.

Finallly, no more 'covering up' my Gyne!!!! It will be gone.....    ;D 8) ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 07:16:29 AM by Bambu »

Offline jayk0523

• Posting Member
  • Tee-shirts aren't my thing man!
Wow dude, yours looks exactly like mine!  I'm 24, and it has been a terrible 10+ years for me.  Are they going to have to do any glandular excision, or is it all lyposuction?

Thanks
When the number of cups of coffee equal or exceed the number of hours slept in a night, great things are on the verge of happening!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

U r just a man with big man titts and nice size nipples thats all...  yes people can be cruel.. but thats with anything that is different that then what is considered normal...
one must develope a thick skin... and have great self esteem...  there are so many men out here that I know personally that have bigger man titts than u, and they could care less about what someone says--- and will actually go shirtless on purpose to taunt them  LOL
don't forget the risk of surgeries.. the chest not looking normal  (look at THE ROCK)  and the fact that you may loose sensitivity in your nipples as well .... but if u think its worth it, go for it... women do it all the time so why shouldn't men right?

Well, as you know, all people are different. For me, I really hate it when people tease/taunt me about my Moobs ( Man Boobs ). This is something that I have to do for my own peace of mind. Therefore, they are being removed on the 16th of Feb. 2005.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:59:19 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Wow dude, yours looks exactly like mine!  I'm 24, and it has been a terrible 10+ years for me.  Are they going to have to do any glandular excision, or is it all lyposuction?

Thanks

Gland and Lipo.

Post some pics Dude....

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
  • Operation Oct 27, 2003. Second one Oct 26, 2004
You have to do what is right for you.

I did what was right for me. Had mine removed because I hated them. Happy 58th birthday to myself.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You have to do what is right for you.

I did what was right for me. Had mine removed because I hated them. Happy 58th birthday to myself.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Why did you have to have the second Op? Did the Doc not remove enough?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024