Author Topic: Ultrasonic liposuction only?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline balambala

• Posting Member
I had my consultation today and the surgeon told me that he uses ultrasonic liposuction only for 85% of his procedures. He makes small incisions to the sides of each breast and then, "melts" the tissue with the ultrasonic liposuction device and removes it in its liquefied form. He said that, rarely, there is a very large amount of tissue right under the areola (a "stack of quarters," he called it) that requires an incision on the areola border. He said it doesn't look like this will be the case with me.

Now, I just want your thoughts because up until today, I always thought that liposuction was for fatty tissues only, but I asked him specifically and he said that it melts both fat and glandular tissue. I asked him if I can request to have it taken out through the areola and he said that this is his operational choice and that he only does it when it is necessary (but I have to give him permission for the areola procedure).

Does this sound credible? I've looked at the before-after pictures, and they look pretty good. But it can really melt glandular tissue? I am assuming he knows what he's talking about, since a business like this can't "afford" to really do poorly, but I am still skeptical and wanted your advice, or to know whether any of you guys have had similar procedures.

I think my chances are especially good because I don't have a major case... For my left breast, I wouldn't even bother if both breasts were like my left, but I might as well "trim" it (he says there is some, but considerably less, in my left) if I'm going for surgery. For my right, it's noticeable a little, although I personally became aware of it after I had dropped down to a 9% body fat, and, at 165lbs and 6'0", the right side of my chest just didn't seem natural, so I did online research, went to my general practitioner, and he said I had some gynocomastia. My point is that it's just very little that is there, though my nipples do puff up a bit (especially the right) when it's really warm. I am also only 20 and the youth should help.

Your thoughts? MAINLY on the ultrasonic liposuction? Is this really different from the non-ultrasonic liposuction? Or do most surgeons use ultrasonic anyways?

Thank You  :)

Offline balambala

• Posting Member

And here are some before/after pics they have on the site (and are some of the ones I saw in the handbook he showed me):
http://www.premierplasticsurgerypa.com/plastic_surgery/gallery_gynecomastia.html

And here is where I am doing it:
http://www.premierplasticsurgerypa.com/

This is the surgeon:
http://www.premierplasticsurgerypa.com/plastic_surgery/about_dr_heil.html

He's had this done himself, so I am thinking that he has good insight.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now, I just want your thoughts because up until today, I always thought that liposuction was for fatty tissues only, but I asked him specifically and he said that it melts both fat and glandular tissue.

The UAL canula cannot 'melt' glandular tissue...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline balambala

• Posting Member
Now, I just want your thoughts because up until today, I always thought that liposuction was for fatty tissues only, but I asked him specifically and he said that it melts both fat and glandular tissue.

The UAL canula cannot 'melt' glandular tissue...

GB

Thank you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024