Author Topic: Areola scarring?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline balambala

• Posting Member
Okay, guys, I am 20 and at 6'0" and 165lbs, I don't have too much visible gynocomastia, but it is there. I had just posted a message with regards to ultrasonic liposuction, and subsequently searched and found a major "thumbs down" sort of post about the very surgeon I consulted with, specifically because he insisted on lipo-only and the end result became cone-shaped areola/nipples instead of just puffy. Great! Not. Not going to that guy.

I have decided that since I live in Pittsburgh, and am within driving distance of Richmond, VA, I might as well go see Dr. Bermant. I have thoroughly read his website, and read the testimonials shared here and elsewhere, and he knows what he is doing, I have no doubt about that.

My only concern is my natural own healing ability. Once gain, I don't have much there (I only recently became aware of my mini-breasts, but checked out beach pics from when I was 15, and I had it back then, too, apparently), and for me, scarring of the areola is the main concern. My left side is to the point that, if my right was like my left, I would never even consider this surgery, and my right side isn't really too bad, but more noticeable. So, if I go to surgery, and after one year, my "better chest" with scarring looks worse than my "slightly puffy chest" without scarring, I don't want to do it.

My main question here is whether anyone here has had the areola procedure, and how it has healed? I am young, so I am assuming I heal well. Do you think the scarring will every completely go away? I really would love to be able, for example, be intimate with a new girlfriend in a year after surgery and not have her say, "Hey, what are these 'streaks' under your nipple area?" Is this possible? For the scarring to completely go away?

Thank you very much for any information. It's a very very tough decision for me, because I have the slight puffiness now and I know that, more or less, I can live with this. But I would like surgery and I can afford it. But what I do not know is what the results (and scarring) will look like, and I know I will not be able to change that. I hope you understand my concern.

Thank you, again :)

DrBermant

Okay, guys, I am 20 and at 6'0" and 165lbs, I don't have too much visible gynocomastia, but it is there. I had just posted a message with regards to ultrasonic liposuction, and subsequently searched and found a major "thumbs down" sort of post about the very surgeon I consulted with, specifically because he insisted on lipo-only and the end result became cone-shaped areola/nipples instead of just puffy. Great! Not. Not going to that guy.

I have decided that since I live in Pittsburgh, and am within driving distance of Richmond, VA, I might as well go see Dr. Bermant. I have thoroughly read his website, and read the testimonials shared here and elsewhere, and he knows what he is doing, I have no doubt about that.

My only concern is my natural own healing ability. Once gain, I don't have much there (I only recently became aware of my mini-breasts, but checked out beach pics from when I was 15, and I had it back then, too, apparently), and for me, scarring of the areola is the main concern. My left side is to the point that, if my right was like my left, I would never even consider this surgery, and my right side isn't really too bad, but more noticeable. So, if I go to surgery, and after one year, my "better chest" with scarring looks worse than my "slightly puffy chest" without scarring, I don't want to do it.

My main question here is whether anyone here has had the areola procedure, and how it has healed? I am young, so I am assuming I heal well. Do you think the scarring will every completely go away? I really would love to be able, for example, be intimate with a new girlfriend in a year after surgery and not have her say, "Hey, what are these 'streaks' under your nipple area?" Is this possible? For the scarring to completely go away?

Thank you very much for any information. It's a very very tough decision for me, because I have the slight puffiness now and I know that, more or less, I can live with this. But I would like surgery and I can afford it. But what I do not know is what the results (and scarring) will look like, and I know I will not be able to change that. I hope you understand my concern.

Thank you, again :)
The body heals with scars, not just the surface access, but also the deeper sculpted structures.  The issue is how to hide and optimize their healing with such methods as Scar Care Treatment and Male Chest Compression Garments.

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this  Areola / Nipple Gallery, Areola Reduction Picture Gallery, and Pictures of Areola with Gynecomastia.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Limited view demonstrations can pick the best angle to hide deformities and problems.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after gynecomastia surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.  It is like an artist selecting a paint brush.  The results are what matters, not with what tool they sculpt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Chest Surgery

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
Wow, your really lucky you live so close to Virginia, ive always dreamed of going to see Dr. Bermant in Richmond. Im a skinny guy as well, 6'0, 145lbs, with a case of puffy nips, and to me, Dr. Bermant is like the god of all plastic surgeons and if i could pick from any, i would definatley go to him over anyone else for my surgery. Problem is, i live way out in the midwest, so im going to see Dr. Albin in Denver, CO for my surgery. If was as fortunate as you to live that close to Dr. Bermant, i would not take 2 seconds to hesitate and go straight to Dr. Bermant asap. Best of luck if you get surgery, your definately in good hands with Dr. Bermant.  ;)

DrBermant

Wow, your really lucky you live so close to Virginia, ive always dreamed of going to see Dr. Bermant in Richmond. Im a skinny guy as well, 6'0, 145lbs, with a case of puffy nips, and to me, Dr. Bermant is like the god of all plastic surgeons and if i could pick from any, i would definatley go to him over anyone else for my surgery. Problem is, i live way out in the midwest, so im going to see Dr. Albin in Denver, CO for my surgery. If was as fortunate as you to live that close to Dr. Bermant, i would not take 2 seconds to hesitate and go straight to Dr. Bermant asap. Best of luck if you get surgery, your definately in good hands with Dr. Bermant.  ;)

Not all doctors have the same experience with Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia.

We see many patients from around the world who prefer my techniques. Check out these experiences from one of my many Colorado gynecomastia patients.  Those interested in minimizing travel to Virginia start with my Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024