Author Topic: NHS- Bottled it big time :(  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Okay, I had the appointment today at 9.00 am. I couldnt sleep all night but I wasnt nervous or scared?

When I woke up I still wasnt worried at all, I said to myself that I am going to tell the GP straight up.

I got to the surgery sat down and still wasnt too nervous. Then when my name came on screen I got up and walked down the hallway towards the doctors room then I thought to myself, shall I leave and forget about gyne and carry on with my life? 'Nah' was my response in my head.

As soon as I opened the door and saw the doctor I bottled it straight away. I said that I had back aches.

I just couldnt tell him, I was scared...

I am thinking of changing the doc and booking another appointment.

If anyone in Birmingham, UK has been to a GP in the jacey practice please let me know the GP
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
As soon as I opened the door and saw the doctor I bottled it straight away. I said that I had back aches. I just couldnt tell him, I was scared...

What about writing a short note to the doc prior to you appointment. In this note you could explain your concerns about your G. Handing over a note to your doc would be much easier than trying to verbally get the words out. I dunno, just a thought... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
As soon as I opened the door and saw the doctor I bottled it straight away. I said that I had back aches. I just couldnt tell him, I was scared...

What about writing a short note to the doc prior to you appointment. In this note you could explain your concerns about your G. Handing over a note to your doc would be much easier than trying to verbally get the words out. I dunno, just a thought... ;)

GB

Hmm That is a thought, thanks.

I think my life literaly flashed before my eyes when I saw the doc. I just couldnt imagine my lifestyle changing.

I wear 2 vest, a t-shirt and a jacket everytime I leave the house. I have gotten so so so used to this routine. I just couldnt picture my self doing otherwise.

I suppose I am scared to change even though change is for the better...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hmm That is a thought, thanks.

NP my man...

I wear 2 vest, a t-shirt and a jacket everytime I leave the house. I have gotten so so so used to this routine. I just couldnt picture my self doing otherwise.

Believe me dude, being able to walk down the street in a lone t-shirt, you'd drop the multi-layer habit real quick...  ;)

I suppose I am scared to change even though change is for the better...

We are afraid of the 'unknown'. Facing your fears will make you a much stronger person. You have to challenge yourself to get past the fear of the unknown. You can do it!!!

GB

Offline kingboob

Hi, sorry you had a bad experience there.

Book another appointment and write your concerns down on paper, hand the paper to the doctor...... problem solved.

Ultimately there is no easy way around this, you just have to screw up all your courage and go for it.

I noticed you are in birmingham?   See if your GP will refer you to the selly oak hospital (might be called the university hospital now?)....... I saw a Mr Thomas there and he is very nice.......... they certainly wont laugh at you or any of that other nonsense that some other people have mentioned in another thread.

Offline crazygyne

• Posting Member
I had a simular experiance to you mate, called karidis on wed and was told there was an appointment for friday. I was totally scared and nervous i walked up and down the road to the hospital entrace 3 or 4 times before going in for my consultation, but as soon as it was done you will wonder why you made a big deal out of it. Just get it out the way hospital staff are very profesional. Good Luck Mate.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The note idea is a good one. It allows you to have a few days to refine and edit your list of questions.
Grandpa Dan

Offline outertrial

2nd what GB said. There are all kinds of thoughts and emotions go through your head when you go to talk to someone for the very first time, whether its a gp or someone else. The main problem for me was that id spent a very long time telling myself i didnt really have  a problem and it wasnt really a big deal, when you speak to the doctor all that has to stop and nothings the same again because one way or another youre on the road to sorting it out. Really its a real relief afterwards though.

irish lad

dont worry about just ask yourself deep down can i live with gyne?! if no well just picture that chest you wanted and let nothing stop you.. ;)

i too was very nervous..especially just before op but belive me just get past the anasthectic and the rest is done.. and then you can recover and ask yourself what was the fuss about trust me its just the fear of the unknown

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
The worst part for me was that when I finally saw someone about it they were completely dismissive. It appears even quite large and noticeable growth is well within 'normal' range so they discourage any sort of surgery unless you have B cup.

irish lad

true bud i was turned down too by harley med group

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Just want to say thank you everyone for the comments and support, I honestly appreciate it.

I just saw Grandpa Bambu!!! on youtube!

I saw that video quite a few months ago and then saw it again recently then saw your name in the interview!!

You sir are a true legend and hero on these boards!

I am sure you dont mind me showing the video to everyone so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTMqz0IYbc

I am going to book an appointment tommorow (as surgery is closed today). I will keep everyone updated throughtout my experience with all of this.

Thank you once again :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I am sure you dont mind me showing the video to everyone.

Not at all dude...  ;)

You sir are a true legend and hero on these boards!

Thanks for the kind words...

I am going to book an appointment tommorow (as surgery is closed today). I will keep everyone updated throughtout my experience with all of this.

Good luck broh!

GB

GynO_DuDe

Your loving it ... Mr Levick (Private surgeon at the Priory Hospital in B'Ham) told me that the NHS are obliged to do operations for free if its a serious case ... So you never know. Cry your heart out if you have too ... if it means saving £4k ... then fair play!

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Your loving it ... Mr Levick (Private surgeon at the Priory Hospital in B'Ham) told me that the NHS are obliged to do operations for free if its a serious case ... So you never know. Cry your heart out if you have too ... if it means saving £4k ... then fair play!

Well my appointment is tommorow in the evening with the GP... I didnt tell the other GP but I have changed the doctor and hopefully I will have the guts to tell the doc tommorow...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024