Author Topic: Am I a candidate? Or do I just neat to lose weight?  (Read 3030 times)

Offline miklos

I'm 35, 6'5", 270lbs. I've been tall and bigger than most people I know all my life, but since I was in high  school I've been saddled with fat deposited on my chest. I lost about 30 lbs two years ago, and the fat on the chest stayed. Is this something I can get fixed through surgery? I feel like I've lived with this long enough. I told my girlfriend I was thinking about it, and she said "don't be one of those people that has to fix stuff through surgery, you can just lose weight".

Opinions?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:38:43 PM by miklos »

Offline booty_frijoles

• Posting Member
I'm no doctor but it looks like you got the gyne dude....

surgery would def help

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
defo gyne, although I'm sure losing wieght would reduce it slightly

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
looks like you only have fat in there. i dont think you have any gland though. maybe working out and doing some cardio would help.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline SBShasthapuffynips

• Posting Member
i dont think you have gyno but regarless you need to lose weight! Set yourself a clean diet and do some exercises....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would not call that Gynecomastia. Now ignore what I just said. You do not need to be concerned about what anyone else thinks, but you do need to make yourself happy.

First, you'll need to normalize your weight. Stay at that weight for a few months to see if the skin will shrink. Perhaps not judging from the stretch marks. It may be needful to have a cosmetic surgeon reduce the excess skin and give you a more acceptable chest contour.

Remember that the only person you need to please is yourself. Whateve I, or anyone else, thinks is of no importance.

Grandpa Dan

Offline miklos

I would not call that Gynecomastia. Now ignore what I just said. You do not need to be concerned about what anyone else thinks, but you do need to make yourself happy.

First, you'll need to normalize your weight. Stay at that weight for a few months to see if the skin will shrink. Perhaps not judging from the stretch marks. It may be needful to have a cosmetic surgeon reduce the excess skin and give you a more acceptable chest contour.

Remember that the only person you need to please is yourself. Whateve I, or anyone else, thinks is of no importance.

Well that's why I'm here, to find out what I need to do. I've lost 30 pounds in the past (a lots come back) but it did little to get rid of up top. Do I need to see what a doctor says or just get a personal trainer. All this stuff adds up.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I just took another look and I may have to revise my opinion.

Have you been wearing some type of compression garment? what might be causing the band or apparent irritation below the breast area?

A personal trainer will probably do you no good. The Doctor is a good place to start. I think you need an impartial, professional opinion. A good cosmetic surgeon should be able to alter the contour of the breast area to your liking. Stay away from the various herbal "Cures" they will reduce only your wallet and also waste your time.

Offline miklos

I've decided to start an aggressive weight loss/ work out regimen... Hopefully, I'll see some sort of results. I need to get rid of this. It's been so many years of this burden. If it's still there when I lose weight, I'm gonna be pretty upset.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
yep, u just need to loose weight..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024