Author Topic: 26 yrs old, 6'3", 179 lbs. PRE-op Miami, Florida  (Read 5966 times)

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
Since I got my first official diagnosis yesterday I figured I'd share what I've been suffering from for the past 6+ years and am finally on the road to remedying.  It's taken such a toll because, for the most part, I'm pretty slender but I've got these... things!  They stick out no matter what I wear.  Grr!!  See the post about my consultation here.  Comments welcome of course!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:16:15 PM by tunguska »

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
So you have a surgery date?  If so, congrats!  You will look great once you knock those out!  According to the pics it doesn't look like you spend too much time on the beach in Miami -- maybe that will change!

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
So you have a surgery date?  If so, congrats!  You will look great once you knock those out!  According to the pics it doesn't look like you spend too much time on the beach in Miami -- maybe that will change!

I do not have a date yet.  My first consult went well but after thinking about it for a day or two I'm uncomfortable with the surgeon.  I'm really looking for a surgeon with more gynecomastia experience.  I also think I'm going to have to bring the parents in on this one since it's cost prohibitive considering my existing student loans.  That could be delicate.

And my tan (or lack thereof) is actually more a function of being in law school.  I'm either too busy or I say to myself, "Why go now, I can always go!"  Although I get very self conscious at the beach it hasn't stopped me from going when the mood has struck me.  Interestingly, if I stay in the water (or any cold environment) my nipples contract and I think everything actually looks OK, but it's just temporary.

Thanks for the kind words!

-t

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
I hope these pics u posted are   AFTER surgery pics 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:52:30 AM by darknips2 »

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
I hope these pics u posted are   AFTER surgery pics? 

These are pre-op!

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
those are  PRE-OP  PICS ???   wow   ok--  maybe its just me be but I dont see any gyne in those pics.
 U have  VERY small nipples, u r far from overweight --so where exactly is your gyne? 

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
those are  PRE-OP  PICS ???   wow   ok--  maybe its just me be but I dont see any gyne in those pics.
 U have  VERY small nipples, u r far from overweight --so where exactly is your gyne? 

It does appear more nuanced in pictures but it's there and has been confirmed by one local surgeon and Dr. Pope.  The local surgeon estimated 250ccs of tissue on each side.

Considering my weight they are disproportional and my nipples visibly stick out no matter what clothes I wear.  I guess if you haven't been living with it for 6 years it might be hard to spot, but don't let my weight fool you.  This has been every bit as nightmarish for me as it has for others whose stories I've read.

-t

Offline cecly

• Silver Member

You don't have to be overweight to have gynecomastia, and that's the whole reason why most people are here, they have breast tissue, not fat under their nipples which cause them to protrude, usually puff out and be unsightly, which is what real (not psuedo) gynecomastia is.

Gynecomastia != fat.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:24:35 PM by cecly »

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
i guess everyones  definition of  GYNE is different...  the BOOKS say  gyne is  "woman like breasts",  which this  guy def does not have anything close to women like breasts..     

Offline b00bz

• Posting Member
I don't really think gyne has to be like women's breasts.  It can be a small enlargement of the nipples or lumps underneath that make nipples stick out.  Although in the pictures shown, the person is slim and doesn't have much to worry about, his nipples are still poking out a bit, and if it makes him uncomfortable it might as well be severe gynecomastia.

Anyway I'm sure you know that your gyne is pretty mild and not really noticeable (though it may just look better in these pics).  Good luck man, hope everything goes well.

Offline cube

• Posting Member

I do not have a date yet.  My first consult went well but after thinking about it for a day or two I'm uncomfortable with the surgeon.  I'm really looking for a surgeon with more gynecomastia experience.  I also think I'm going to have to bring the parents in on this one since it's cost prohibitive considering my existing student loans.  That could be delicate.

And my tan (or lack thereof) is actually more a function of being in law school.  I'm either too busy or I say to myself, "Why go now, I can always go!"  Although I get very self conscious at the beach it hasn't stopped me from going when the mood has struck me.  Interestingly, if I stay in the water (or any cold environment) my nipples contract and I think everything actually looks OK, but it's just temporary.

Thanks for the kind words!

-t

Dude the link to your consultation didn't work. Which doctor are you looking at having the surgery with?

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
Dude the link to your consultation didn't work. Which doctor are you looking at having the surgery with?

Fixed the link.  I've reserved a date with Dr. Pope in January but I still have yet to meet him in person.  I had consults with Drs. Roudner and Lovaas in Coral Gables and Miami.  I think I'm done looking in South Florida unless you've got a suggestion...

Offline tunguska

• Posting Member
My surgery date is January 6 with Dr. Pope and I'm unbelievably excited!  I've been having dreams about it!  It's funny, after suffering for so many years the next two months are going to be torture...

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
i guess everyones  definition of  GYNE is different...  the BOOKS say  gyne is  "woman like breasts",  which this  guy def does not have anything close to women like breasts..     

can you please stop posting? you're telling everyone who has gyne that they dont have gyne.. just because someone isnt 300 lbs doesnt mean they dont have gyne.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024